New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  23:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm fairly new to keeping reptiles and im hoping to get one within the coming month. However theres a few things i'm still unsure about.

How often should you handle your corn snake whilst it is young to get it accustomed to handling?
Also at what age is a corn snake considered old enough to be sold on after being born?
Lastly, what information should be provided by the breeder when a young snake is bought from them? Is there any vaccinations or checks I should make a.s.a.p after getting the snake?

Cheers for any help!
If anybody knows of any reputable breeders in the essex/herts area who are expecting hatchlings please drop me a message. I'm having trouble finding local breeders

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  07:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

How often should you handle your corn snake whilst it is young to get it accustomed to handling?as its young once a day for about 5mins should be enough and as it gets older generally increase it
Also at what age is a corn snake considered old enough to be sold on after being born? most breeders make sure that the snake has had around 4 feeds before selling it on
Lastly, what information should be provided by the breeder when a young snake is bought from them? Is there any vaccinations or checks I should make a.s.a.p after getting the snake? there are no vaccinations ect that i know of for snakes.. general info provided by most breeders is the hatching date and how many feeds its had - most provide the dates aswell so you know how often its been fed

theres a show coming up on the 27th September in Brentwood,Essex, theres a post about it in the shows/meet section.. there will be plenty of breeders there who will have loads of different morphs ect

hope this helps you out

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  12:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome

I would advise reading the care sheet page on this site http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm as it has lots of useful info.

As for handling the snake. Don't handle the snake for 48hrs after feeding but other than that 5mins a day to begin with

Hope this helps

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome! Hannah b has it covered

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  09:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers hannah b. I'll look into this show at brentwood!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000