The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Escaped Hatchling!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/09/2009 : 18:14:36
Ok so im seriously panicking now. About an hour ago i discovered that my hatchling was not in her viv. I have searched all the substrate and under the hdies numerous times. Me and my mum have turned the room she was being kept in upside down. But its my little sisters room and its a bloody mess, clutter everywhere so it'll be like finding a needle in haystack!
Also its a proper old house! so lots of crack in floorboards etc. The airing cupboard is quite close to where her viv was and i am proper panicking because the pipes in there are seriously hot. I proper burnt myself reaching past one to look for her and shes a climber so im really worried that if shes got in there then she will have really hurt herself.
Ive done all the usual tricks like putting flour down and stuff but its mostly carpet so its difficult! I was only supposed to be visiting for a few days and am due to leave tomorrow morning but cant bear to leave without finding her!

I feel sick
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucifer Posted - 09/09/2009 : 16:13:34
Well done on the find and the new snake
HannahB Posted - 09/09/2009 : 16:00:17
yay riffraff is back!!
so pleased for you!!
congrats on the new arrival aswell - look forwards to the piccies
Williamson Posted - 09/09/2009 : 00:24:28
It's nice to hear a happy ending, congrats chap!!
n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 21:38:53
Yipee!!!! Thats fantastic news!! Been checking this thread with fingers crossed so its great that there's a happy ending. It will give others who have missing snakes hope too!! Well done, and cant wait to see pics of new arrival x
Kellog Posted - 08/09/2009 : 21:10:57
That explains why I was confused!! Recognised RiffRaff and Magenta from Rocky Horror but didnt remember a Cherry Darling. Thanks for putting my mind at ease! xxx
n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 20:18:14
Kellog, i name all my snakes after cool film characters. Riff Raff and Magenta are from The Rocky Horror Picture Show (one of my fave films) and Cherry Darling, my other snake, is named after a character in the film Planet Terror. I cant wait to have more cos i have a lot more names lined up lol.
n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 20:16:13
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I need educating - RiffRaff...Magenta... where have the names come from? xxx

Its a Rocky Horror Show connection! Brilliant names and even better news! I'm so glad he's turned up safe and well. It gives us all hope that Bubbles will return to us soon! I'm sure you're ecstatic and hopefully you will be properly reunited soon.
KITTYCAT Posted - 08/09/2009 : 19:58:57
congrats! im so glad you found her bet its a big relief.
Kellog Posted - 08/09/2009 : 19:29:07
I need educating - RiffRaff...Magenta... where have the names come from? xxx
inkiepixie Posted - 08/09/2009 : 18:27:32
Brilliant news!
n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 17:06:52
he he thanks guys. Im soooo happy she's back. And im really excited about my new addition!
Hawkeye, you are absolutely right, she is to be named Magenta! lol. She's got a lot of red on her so it fits quite nicely. When i got Riff Raff i always intended to get a reddish snake to be Magenta. Lol i didnt think many people would get the reference so im glad someone did :D
Thanks everyone, i will definitely get new pics of both of them up as soon as i can. Ill be picking up Riff Raff and bringing her home at the weekend and that will be just enough time to let Magenta settle in so a major photo session is in order!
ha ha sooooo happy! :D
n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 04:11:10
Woooooo-hooooooooooooooo

Sweet as, bet ya chuffedd to pieces.
Kellog Posted - 08/09/2009 : 03:47:46
Con, I am so pleased on both your bits of news - but especially about the safe return of RiffRaff. I know it was hard for you to keep your hope up, but she has returned (and I would love to have seen the look on your sister's friend's face when she slithered up her leg!) and that is the best news ever!!!!! Definitely think she will need a readjustment period again after all of her excitement of exploring the big wide world - and get your mum to double check that there are no more escape possibilities for her! She is probably hungry but leave her a few days to settle back in before feeding her. Cant answer heating question, but would think she would be ok as long as room is warm. Am sure the 'veterans' will correct me and give you the best answer.
Also congrats on the new member to the family - maybe it was fate that meant that when you bought your new snake RiffRaff would return to reinstate her position as top snake in your family! Cant wait to see pics of her.
I feel relieved to know RiffRaff is home, so can only imagine how you feel! Its been a good day for you - a blessing day! xxx
Janos Posted - 08/09/2009 : 01:20:50
I've been following it too, congrats on finding Riff Raff mate =).
n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 00:50:33
congrats ,also been following this thread, advice as above,give him a week or so to get settled again. IMO.
n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 00:25:54
WHOAAAAA!! BRILLLLLLLLLLIANT!!!!

Con, I've been following this thread right from the beginning, and I'm sooooooo happy to hear your news!!

The experienced guys will answer your questions, but from what I've read in the forum I'd say she'd be ok without her heatmat for a few days (based on advice I was given to withdraw heatmat for the few days it was going to take to get my stat in). I guess it would be a good idea to give her a settling in period too, but again, let's hear what experienced "snakers" have to say.

Very warm congratulations on finding Riff Raff, congratulations on adding.... well, is her name Magenta? lol! Enjoy the augmented family! Sending you a happy hug and a big kiss right on the tip of the nose -- to all four of you!

n/a Posted - 08/09/2009 : 00:07:03
hey guys.
Two bits of good news!!!

Firstly, i had to return to my home in Cheshire minus one baby Riff Raff. I was gutted so my friend took me to the local rep shop to cheer me up. Sure enough when i got there i fell in love and ended up coming home with a beautiful Hypo Motley hatchling. I knew it wouldnt make up for losing Riff Raff but thought that i seriously needed something to cheer me up. So she/he is now happily settling in to her/his new home as we speak. Pics will be up as soon as she's had her settling in period

And the BEST bit of news!!!

My mum rang me half an hour ago and told me that Riff Raff has indeed returned!!! Apparently my sister and her friend were sat outside when her friend felt something crawling up her leg. Lol i am SOOOOO happy! i couldnt believe it. I really did think she was long gone! The only problem now is that she is stuck at home until i can next get down to reclaim her. So i have given my family instructions of how best to take care of her in my absence. Agghhhh im so happy lol!

Just a few queries now...should she be left alone to settle in again and calm her nerves before they try and feed her again?
I stupidly brought her heat mat back with me...will she be ok without it for a few days? The room she is in is very warm but im still a bit concerned.

So it has been an expensive snakey day for me but a ridiculously happy one too. This morning i started out with one snake and one lost snake and now i have three perfectly happy, healthy little snakes!
once again thank you for all your support! you guys have been proper ace throughout this.
lucifer Posted - 06/09/2009 : 18:16:26
Just don't give up hope!
When Lucien did an escaping act I thought I would never see him again... Me and Hannahb totally gutted my bedroom and laid traps everywhere, my house is really old with plenty of cracks, nooks and crannies in the walls and floors.

He turned up a few days later in my granddad's room in his towel basket!
HannahB Posted - 06/09/2009 : 16:51:34
dont give up hun
we were talking to a breeder today and i said something about the snakes he was selling about how if you lost one you wouldnt see it again and he said he did loose one once and it turned up 5 years later - a lot bigger than when it disappeared.. he lived in an old farm house and it munched on the mice it could find
i know you dont live in a farm house but dont give up that she wont come back.. have you looked downstairs aswell - she may have moved downstairs and gone in the back of the sofa or cupboards in the kitchen.. hope she comes back soon!
n/a Posted - 06/09/2009 : 15:04:21
there is one thing that i have read, that helps you to locate where the snake is, and that is to sprinkle salt and flour on the floor,, if you check it every so often you will know where she is and at roughly what time,,,, i hope you find her... i have only had one snake, mine hasnt escaped but i have read up on it just incase....

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000