The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Tank Size

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/08/2009 : 16:35:34
heya i know alot about animals, i think my snake just over a year old and if growing quiet alot now, just wondered what age he should go in full size viv, i know they are scared large places but i just feel his enclosure is small really.
my snake eats fuzzies is this ok or should it still be on pinkies?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 27/08/2009 : 21:05:53
he takes fuzzies fine, ill start looking for a new tank, never weighed him to be honest, he quiet large and grumpy at the moment shedding. will weight him after shed, i think he would be happier in larger tank he is very interested in new things, and loves his coconut shame he will grow out of it though :( thanks for all the great advice :-)
Remmy Posted - 27/08/2009 : 19:32:54
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

at a year i would imagine it would take small mice,but it depends on the girth of the snake.You should be aiming for prey the same thickness of the thickest part of the snake.

I agree Lee thats why i asked the weight of the snake incase it is a small snake
lee2308 Posted - 27/08/2009 : 18:52:08
at a year i would imagine it would take small mice,but it depends on the girth of the snake.You should be aiming for prey the same thickness of the thickest part of the snake.
Remmy Posted - 27/08/2009 : 17:59:45
If your snake is just over a year old he should be ok to go in a full size viv as long as you pack it out with hides and plants. As for the food it depends on his weight but at a year old he shouldn`t be on pinkies. What does he weigh?
devilsmistress Posted - 27/08/2009 : 16:59:23
The rule of thumb is the length + depth of the tank = snake length. As for being of fuzzys, that really depends on the size of the snake, The prey item should be no more that 1 1/2 times the largest part of the snake. If you see no bump after feeding then move up a size!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000