The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Bubbles has escaped next door!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 22/08/2009 : 20:02:30
We've just got back from a wonderful 2 weeks holiday in Cornwall to find that Bubbles has escaped whilst the neighbours were looking after him! We are distraught - its completely ruined the holiday! Just put flour down in their kitchen where it escaped and have set a bottle trap so fingers crossed! Is there anything else we can do? Problem is as its the neighbour's house we can't go round and rip it to pieces to try and find him.

Any suggestions welcome - we're desperate to get him back.

Thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meggi Posted - 05/09/2009 : 20:56:01
dont worrii Maa friends snake went missing 4 4 mnths and he turned up in their wardrobe!!!!

never give up hope!!!! u never no!!!!

megxx

http://yfrog.com/6q10016972j
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:03:38
hope you find bubbles soon mate chin up he may just turn up when your not expecting it...
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 16:31:36
quote:
Originally posted by KITTYCAT

have you contact your local rescue centre incase someone has handed him there, it was just a thought. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you and bubbles.

Yes, I've contacted them and I'm also going to drop a photo of Bubbles with them. As yet they haven't had any calls about it nor has the RSPCA. Just have to keep hoping.
KITTYCAT Posted - 04/09/2009 : 23:44:33
sorry to here about bubbles as its been 2weeks he could be anywhere hopefully he'll turn up when you least expect it. have you contact your local rescue centre incase someone has handed him there, it was just a thought. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you and bubbles.
Kellog Posted - 04/09/2009 : 22:29:16
Dont let loosing Bubbles stop you getting another snake. Hopefully you will find Bubbles and land up with 2, but if not your new snake wont ever replace Bubbles but will be a different snake for you to love as much as you love Bubbles. And dont ever apologise for loving a snake....many wouldnt understand it but all of us on here do.
Keep on at the neighbours and keep reminding the decorators. Have you placed flour in doorways recently? Did you follow up on your leaflets to your neighbours? Ask them to check their sheds and greenhouses, anywhere in their garden that might attract Bubbles and even their houses in case he moved from one neighbour to another.
Thinking of you and Bubbles. xxx
HannahB Posted - 04/09/2009 : 22:16:44
dont feel guilty for getting a new snake hun - if you were already planning on getting a new one then go for it.. sometimes having another one can help ease the worry
me and lucifer are going to the show on sunday... people from here are meeting at the pub near the dome at around 12.30 (i think thats the time!) ill be wearing a bright pink hoody so be sure to stop me and say hiiiii if you do go!
n/a Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:50:28
Thanks all for your support. Still no joy I'm afraid. Its been 2 weeks now but we haven't given up hope. Just hoping that as the weather gets cooler he'll suddenly appear looking for somewhere warm.

We had been planning on getting a new snake anyway but now I feel a bit of a traitor to Bubbles!

Planning on going to the Doncaster show on Sunday - anyone else going?
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:35:47
Sorry to hear about Bubbles... this represents every owners worst nightmare. With any luck he will just show up but I can imagine if Bubbles is anything like Eddie, the darker the space the happier he is! The fact that it isn't your house just makes it so much more terrible!

I hope you find Bubbles! x
n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 19:17:50
i hope you find him try to ask your neighbours to let you look for him just a little bit good luck

n/a Posted - 31/08/2009 : 18:48:14
Just read this post really sorry to hear about you snake'y. Any updates
HannahB Posted - 31/08/2009 : 15:47:40
aw sorry to hear you havent found her yet.. had my fingers crossed for you all weekend
hope you find her soon
BlueTongueDan Posted - 30/08/2009 : 23:53:23
Sorry to hear about your snake.
I know exactly how you feel, My KSB has been loose for 2 months now
Kellog Posted - 30/08/2009 : 23:41:22
Sorry to hear it abbie, really hoped you had found him. At least the neighbour is being more co-operative. Are the decorators still in? Have you put down flour in doorways still? xxx
Brookestar Posted - 30/08/2009 : 20:38:30
sorry its the first ive heard of this thread. sorry to hear about bubbles. im sure she will appear soon enough
n/a Posted - 30/08/2009 : 20:31:25
No change I'm afraid . Been round again today and put more bottle traps down, put leaflets through all doors in the neighbourhood just in case he's wandered. Neighbours are being a little more co-operative so that's reassuring.
Kellog Posted - 28/08/2009 : 09:48:17
What's the latest abbie? Has anything changed? xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/08/2009 : 13:59:49
good plans abbie- the smell of decaying snake wouldnt be very pleasant. my experiences if the rspca aren't fab either, it seems that most officers only have a general knowledge of cats and dogs, no other animals. also, the snake going wild plan sounds good- turn up on their doorstep clad in thick clothing, gloves and a facemask, with a large stick in hand, and ask them to kindly stay out of your way whilst you try to recover your missing constrictor!
n/a Posted - 26/08/2009 : 13:50:17
quote:
Originally posted by misstwinkle

u could try them, id be very suprised if they done anything. personally i think there usless

You were right Miss Twinkle! About as much use as a chocolate teapot! In fact I ended up giving her a lesson on the feeding habits of snakes! She said she'd put a bulletin out to the national helpdesk should anyone contact them to say they'd spotted him.

They also put me in touch with a local reptile rescue centre so I contacted them and gave them Bubbles description just in case anyone hands him in there. The lady there did say that as its been mild lately there is every chance he could have ventured outside! That just upset me more as he could be ANYWHERE! She did say that he would probably give someone the shock of their lives as the weather got colder as he'd probably decide to move indoors. She suggested that I contact all the neighbours and perhaps put up photos in the neighbourhood so people could keep an eye out for him. She also suggested contacting the local press if we thought he'd left the house.

I'm going round next door tonight to try one last time to get them to co-operate and I'll suggest that I'm going to get in touch with the press (see if that makes them think about it more seriously). Also going to ask them what they think the smell will be like if he dies somewhere under their floorboards! Shock tactics!
n/a Posted - 25/08/2009 : 19:13:52
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

Agree with everything Kellog and sexybear have said (saves some typing lol) I know you have left a bottle trap but now you have an idea where Bubbles is have you tried warming up a mouse and dangling it around the hole to try and draw bubbles out.

Yes - tried that. He's not one for striking - he generally likes to be left alone with his mouse so that didn't work. I'm guessing that although he may have gone in that hole, it could lead anywhere as it was the pipe-ducting from the boiler so he could be anywhere in the house now, under the floorboards etc. Do they tend to roam outside if given the opportunity?
n/a Posted - 25/08/2009 : 19:11:04
quote:
Originally posted by madgirl

Hi,
Sorry that your snake has gone missing but how did he escape?
Madgirl x.

We're not really sure - the neighbours said it was definitely in the viv on Thurs morning. I can only assume they left the door ajar! He's never escaped from his viv before.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000