The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 good affordable logs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
punumbear Posted - 19/08/2009 : 14:01:19
right anyone got any suggestions on where to find some decent already treated logs of gd height n sturdyness that dont break the ****** bank..!!!!! have looked through about 15 diff sites and have found the odd few but nothing that warrants even clicking the buy now button.
Am slightly frustrated as vivs are decked out to a degree just want one decent climbing branch in both vivs n they are sorted.
Would do the sort me own route but its mainly fir trees in our woods so not gonna risk it.

edited by GP for foul language by the OP
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
punumbear Posted - 19/08/2009 : 22:17:24
excellent cheers sb
SexyBear77 Posted - 19/08/2009 : 19:46:20
I buy branches from pets at home, made for parrot cages. You can attach them through the side of your viv and come in amazing shapes, all debarked, sanded and made safe. max price is about £20. I have 2 pieces in each of my vivs- http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5134
Remmy Posted - 19/08/2009 : 18:08:47
I agree punumbear, i think treated logs are expensive. I am in the middle of de-barking a piece from my local woods but i did buy a piece of mopani wood on sunday that was quite reasonable. Cost £13, dont know the weight as my digi scales go up to 5kg and it is over that.
lee2308 Posted - 19/08/2009 : 16:59:31
i get alot of mine from the beach,drift wood is great,already debrked and looks nice to and it's free
matty18714 Posted - 19/08/2009 : 16:47:46
I would do the same as Taz, theres no point spending a lot on it as you may need to throw it away (because of mites for example).
Taz Devil Posted - 19/08/2009 : 14:38:41
I went to my local woods found a nice branch or two, de barked it, took it home soaked it in boiling water with a good dose of miltons over night, dried them out on a couple of radiators.

A days finding and soaking and a few more days drying out.
n/a Posted - 19/08/2009 : 14:22:44
We figured in the end that it was likely going to be a one-off purchase so just splurged £30 on a nice bit of wood for James' viv.

A lot of aquarium stuff is ok for reptiles so that might possibly be an option if you can find something suitable it may well be more reasonably priced...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000