good affordable logs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  14:01:19  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
right anyone got any suggestions on where to find some decent already treated logs of gd height n sturdyness that dont break the ****** bank..!!!!! have looked through about 15 diff sites and have found the odd few but nothing that warrants even clicking the buy now button.
Am slightly frustrated as vivs are decked out to a degree just want one decent climbing branch in both vivs n they are sorted.
Would do the sort me own route but its mainly fir trees in our woods so not gonna risk it.

edited by GP for foul language by the OP

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob

Edited by - gingerpony on 19/08/2009 19:49:57

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  14:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We figured in the end that it was likely going to be a one-off purchase so just splurged £30 on a nice bit of wood for James' viv.

A lot of aquarium stuff is ok for reptiles so that might possibly be an option if you can find something suitable it may well be more reasonably priced...

Go to Top of Page

Taz Devil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  14:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Taz Devil's Homepage  Click to see Taz Devil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I went to my local woods found a nice branch or two, de barked it, took it home soaked it in boiling water with a good dose of miltons over night, dried them out on a couple of radiators.

A days finding and soaking and a few more days drying out.

0.1.0 Corn Snake (Sid)

Sids Live WebCam
http://snakecam.tazworld.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  16:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would do the same as Taz, theres no point spending a lot on it as you may need to throw it away (because of mites for example).

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  16:59:31  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i get alot of mine from the beach,drift wood is great,already debrked and looks nice to and it's free

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  18:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree punumbear, i think treated logs are expensive. I am in the middle of de-barking a piece from my local woods but i did buy a piece of mopani wood on sunday that was quite reasonable. Cost £13, dont know the weight as my digi scales go up to 5kg and it is over that.
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  19:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I buy branches from pets at home, made for parrot cages. You can attach them through the side of your viv and come in amazing shapes, all debarked, sanded and made safe. max price is about £20. I have 2 pieces in each of my vivs- http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5134

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/

Edited by - SexyBear77 on 19/08/2009 19:46:57
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  22:17:24  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
excellent cheers sb

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000