The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How old is Hugo?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:47:07
Hi all!
Im new to the forum and bought my first corn about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunatley the staff at the pet shop were not very helpful (they couldnt even tell me the sex!) one staff member told me he was less than 12 months old another said he hatched May 08. Can anyone help from the picture? I have no clue whatsoever! Also should he be eating pinkies or fuzzies? thanks!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/07/2009 : 21:23:57
Hiya and welcome to the forum. Lots of help on here. And nice one Solid,LOL.
n/a Posted - 13/07/2009 : 21:17:15
Hahaha! that picture is awesome! lol! Thanks for all the help guys :)
solid Posted - 11/07/2009 : 15:04:46
gotta love pics like this

its always hard to tell age because they grow at diffrent rates, specially when fed on pinkies and shops will feed once a week instead of every 5 days like many here do at home, so thats another factor. but i`d say 6-8 months at best with my limited knowledge
n/a Posted - 11/07/2009 : 13:57:48
Wow!

He's definitely bigger than ours. Lovely colours.
n/a Posted - 08/07/2009 : 06:48:45
awwwwww!!!!
Chimp276 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 22:08:09
How long is he? My corn is smaller then that I think and already has 2 fuzzies a week!
cherry-milkshake Posted - 07/07/2009 : 21:53:43
Awww, he's gorgeous! Looks just like one of mine when she was a nipper! lol. Looking at the size in the tub, I'd def say try a fuzzie and see how you get on
n/a Posted - 07/07/2009 : 21:44:57
Thanks for all the help guys! :) I just gave him 2 pinkies which he wolfed down in no time! I think I will buy him some fuzzies nxt time!

Here are some more piccies of him to try to show his size!

This last one he is in a cricket tub and has just eaten 2 pinkies
cherry-milkshake Posted - 07/07/2009 : 16:38:55
PS,not 100% sure but I'd say late 08 hatch, again it's hard to tell from the pic but he def doesn't look much older than a year
cherry-milkshake Posted - 07/07/2009 : 16:36:13
It's hard to tell from the pic, but looks like he should be getting ready for fuzzies soon. The general fule of thumb is don't feed anything larger than 1.5 times the size of his body at the thickest part. I think I always kept my first couple of babies on pinkies for longer than necessary as they still looked too small to eat anything bigger but you'd be surprised. I reckon if he's taking two-three pinkies happily at each feed move up to fuzzies. Hope that helps
Jono2411 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 14:53:16
he should deffo be eating 2-3 each feed if not on fuzzies.... (depending on the size of the pinkies, having just taken delivery of some which are a mid-point between the fuzzies i get and the pinkie ive had before...)
n/a Posted - 07/07/2009 : 14:39:30
Thanks guys :) He's due a feed today so I will photograph him with a pinky to give some kind of scale (good idea!) I cant get a pic of him on a flat surface as he wont stay there!!! he just keeps slithering back to me and up my arm! bless him! I tell people its becaise he loves me so much, but really its probably due to not liking wide open spaces lol!

Pinkies dont make much of a bulge and last time I fed him I offered 2 and he took them both....I have no experience with little snakes, only adult Australian Pythons (Water, Diamond, Carpet, Black headed and olive)

Thanks for all the comments so far, Im very happy with him, he's beautiful! :)
Jono2411 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 11:46:50
i would say fuzzies judging by that pic and the approx age... if he can handle them the go with fuzzies... if not then go with pinkies
Chimp276 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 11:19:52
a picture of him flat on a surface would help more lol! Also mayb just before you feed him/her next you could put a pinky next to it to help us judge!
n/a Posted - 06/07/2009 : 23:11:17
not sure to be honest but thats a nice looking corn! :D
HannahB Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:59:37
judging by the size i think hes still fairly young..but im no expert
hope someone else will be able to help you a bit more
but he is lovely
n/a Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:58:56
Hi Natalie, welcome to the forum. Sadly don't know answers to your questions, but you can guarantee that someone can help you.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000