The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 beatrix prefering being up high?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
greenow Posted - 29/06/2013 : 12:47:50
I have just moved beatrix into a viv and she seems to spend most of her time hiding in a hanging plant? Is this normal as I thought they preferred being on the ground. Also how much should she be eating she's around 4months old
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 29/06/2013 : 20:12:44
They say corns aren't arboreal....but someone forgot to tell our corns . Lots of corns do climb so its nothing to worry about. A couple of points that might be why she's changed her behaviour....double check the heatmat temps are ok and she's not trying to escape being too warm and it also may be that she's feeling a bit exposed being in the bigger viv, so make sure she's got enough cover at ground level. Or it may be she just likes hanging around .

As for feeding, all corns differ so it's hard to say what she should be feeding on and how often. As long as she's eating, drinking, pooing and putting on weight then she's fine . This thread should give you some hints - A VERY ROUGH guide to feeding

Xxx
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 29/06/2013 : 13:09:59
There are a few feeding threads on here that you can search using the search engine at the top right. For the climbing, each snake is an induvidual. My two are opposites, one likes to hide and stay low, the other is more out going and likes to climb :)
Lee Posted - 29/06/2013 : 12:51:19
The little ones do like to climb, my 2 month and 9 month olds do all the time, the 4 year old doesn't bother. I would say feed a pinkie or two every 5 days. Do a search on here, there are a few feeding plans.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000