The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Double stack for one snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hissyfit Posted - 26/06/2013 : 10:10:12
I have 2 of the corns in a double viv stack, and as they will both need an upgrade in the next year or so I'm thinking ahead. The stacks are 30"x 15"x 15" each, and I've had an idea. If I leave both fully set up (each have heat mat, thermostat, digital thermometers) and make a hole on the floor of the top viv into the bottom viv with a plastic tunnel going from top to bottom, would that be big enough for one corn?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 29/06/2013 : 10:06:25
I'd have to say, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier just to buy bigger vivs and flog the stuff you have? Also If you snake needed a bigger viv, wouldn't flat ground space be more pratical than taller since they are terrestrial. I know corns climb a tad but that high in viv space seems a bit ott. Plus if the snake falls from a heigh since they can be lame at climbing its going to be a thuds, I already get big thuds and my vivs are only 15" high lol

Not to sound like a negative Nancey or anything lol.
mjpeters Posted - 26/06/2013 : 21:59:01
Thats Brilliant!super idea!My corns have 2'x2'x18"tall vivs-I was just beginning to think them a bit small when I discovered(or rather told about)Trixie tables,now my guys all have one as well as Java wood parrot perches that I bolt through the viv(easy peasy,they come with bolt and wing nut).
Now my guys are climbing expertscan't wait to see your snakey play palace
Red123 Posted - 26/06/2013 : 19:52:01
I am having the same dilemma. Can not decide between buying everyone 3ft x 2ft x 2ft and selling the stacks or converting some of the stack and just buying a few extra 3ft x 2ft x 2ft. I was thinking of completely removing the middle floor though and adding in a couple of shelves at different heights maybe a hammock and branches etc. Always struggle to make decisions though lol. Will probably wait till early next year everyone has gone into sleep mode now.
Thorne Walker Posted - 26/06/2013 : 17:47:32
quote:
Originally posted by Hissyfit

some of my lot aren't that bright

That just means it'll be 'new' every time they find it lol

Hissyfit Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:54:53
Thanks for thinking it's such a good idea, I thought it may have been a bit strange lol. I now have to plan how and where to put the hole, and what to use for access...some of my lot aren't that bright
cobweb251 Posted - 26/06/2013 : 11:41:51
I was thinking of doing this myself, but wasn't sure if it was a practical idea. Now i have my answer.
herriotfan Posted - 26/06/2013 : 10:56:14
My next door neighbour did that with his vivs and it works a treat. His snake loves climbing and he just put some old branches through the hole from one level to the other.
It was such a success that he did the same for his second snake.
He just uses one heat mat in the bottom viv.
Would love to see photo's when you get it done!!
Coal Posted - 26/06/2013 : 10:26:55
Oh wow, well it's an interesting idea :) I would say that would be fine so long as you kept the heat mat, thermometer, thermostat, hides and a water bowl in both sections in case the snake doesn't find the entrance to the tunnel and was stuck without water, hides or whatever.

I'm very new to all this though so I might be wrong :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000