The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Does everyone use hides?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welshlamb Posted - 28/04/2013 : 15:06:00
My two vivarium a are full of hiding places and a hide either end. I was just wondering if anyone does not use hides. As I guess you'd see alot more of your snake that way.

?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CharlyCroker Posted - 01/05/2013 : 22:04:19
I personally don't use hides, but as for Danno, he has three nice little hidey holes. His favourite, the good old half coconut shell, then a flat log which he burrows into the aspen bedding under and a rock he also burrows under. He also has a toilet in the corner which he always dumps in which is handy, cos I don't have to hunt for it lol. All three hides are dotted from hot to medium to cold and he uses all three at any given time. As I said, his fav is the coconut which is in the warmest part of the viv. He's still my awesomeest pet.
eeji Posted - 30/04/2013 : 21:44:29
I don't use any hides, there is enough fake plants to cover the floor area so the snakes can stay out of sight wherever they like and at the temperature that suits them best. I also use big plastic dog bowls for water that they can get under.
lupi lou Posted - 30/04/2013 : 19:59:51
I have a variety of hides in my vivs ranging from the made cave hide to rocks and logs and cork bark and not forgetting the ivy that jinx loves to climb and hide in. They also on occasion go under their cage carpet too
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2013 : 19:28:32
Yup, have 2, 3 if you count the fake plants which they all love to poop on.
Isoldael Posted - 29/04/2013 : 23:14:22
I see quite some people on second hand sites that have vivs without hides. Somehow these snakes tend to be bad feeders that look quite skinny...
mjpeters Posted - 28/04/2013 : 19:46:33
We have hidey-holes everywhere!I'm newish to the corn thing-but they seem to follow the same logic as my mouthbrooding cichlid fish;
That is to say,the more hiding places they have-the moreI see of them.
Kellog Posted - 28/04/2013 : 19:35:13
My lot, as adults, would need hides I think. It would be fairly hard for them to find enough cover to hide and feel safe unless I filled their vivs totally with plants ! At the moment I've got 2 peering out of their flowerpot hides....and Kellog, trying to escape as is usual as the moment .

In the wild they would find places to 'hide', such as holes in the ground, crevices in rocks, etc....and we are trying, as best we can, to give them the same.

Xxx
herriotfan Posted - 28/04/2013 : 19:14:45
I've got hides for all my snakes.
I agree with moppet that it would stress them too much not to have hides of some sort.
Moppet Posted - 28/04/2013 : 16:31:04
I think corn snakes need hides to feel secure. If they don't have somewhere to hide then they can become stressed and stop eating etc. However if there are enough places to hide then I suppose you don't need specific 'hides'.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000