The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 please help!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coyote Posted - 25/06/2012 : 19:27:57
hi guys wondering if anyone has suggestions on feeding selene having real problems shes only a couple months old but she wont feed we have had her about a month and only fed once shes in a faunium temp in hot end around 26-27c and 22-23 in the cool end she has 2 hides one in both ends and we cant get her to feed we have tried braining,putting her in a smaller tub(takeaway size) leaving it in a hide over night and nothing is working any ideas please
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 27/06/2012 : 10:31:54
Thermometer and stat probes should both be in contact with the mat (or base of viv/faun if mat is underneath) as that is where the snakes body will be in contact. If the thermometer probe is higher then the actual temp will be higher.
coyote Posted - 27/06/2012 : 10:07:02
The thermometer is not in direct contact with the Mat its in the aspen on top of the heat. Mat
Georgina Posted - 26/06/2012 : 15:41:33
So the digital probe is incontact with the mat?

I have heard a good sucess rate from chick thigh scenting.
coyote Posted - 26/06/2012 : 15:09:39
i use a didgital themometer whitch is placed near the hide that is on the heat mat
kdlang Posted - 26/06/2012 : 10:03:31
What kind of thermometer are you using to monitor temperatures and where are you reading them from?
coyote Posted - 26/06/2012 : 09:44:59
quote:
Originally posted by voodoo

isnt the hot end a little cool at 27C? maybe try adjusting up to 28C? my snake refused to feed for a while. I ended up putting him in a tub, covering it with a towel and leaving the room, and he ate. I also brained and heated the pinky up with a hairdryer til it was really warm. maybe try that. hope she eats soon :)

Tried the tub braining and the hair dryer and temp is 27 cause it was 28 and she wouldn't go in the warm end and was always in the cool end and cold so was advised to turn it down a degree or up a degree tried both and she only goes in the warm hide at 27
voodoo Posted - 25/06/2012 : 21:16:24
isnt the hot end a little cool at 27C? maybe try adjusting up to 28C? my snake refused to feed for a while. I ended up putting him in a tub, covering it with a towel and leaving the room, and he ate. I also brained and heated the pinky up with a hairdryer til it was really warm. maybe try that. hope she eats soon :)
coyote Posted - 25/06/2012 : 20:40:39
quote:
Originally posted by Hissyfit

I have one the same, and the only thing that worked for him was scenting the pinky/fuzzie with a chick thigh. Here are some instructions on how to prepare the chick thigh.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21691

Good luck, hope you get her eating again

Thanks ill try it fingers crossed
Hissyfit Posted - 25/06/2012 : 20:28:21
I have one the same, and the only thing that worked for him was scenting the pinky/fuzzie with a chick thigh. Here are some instructions on how to prepare the chick thigh.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21691

Good luck, hope you get her eating again
coyote Posted - 25/06/2012 : 20:05:49
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

have you had a read of this: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720 ?

yes read it and tried most apart from the drive i havent handled her hoping she would feed and tried super heating but she looks ok isn't showing signs of illness just refusing to feed
coyote Posted - 25/06/2012 : 20:02:55
she has shed 2 days after we got her but only had 1 pinkie in the last 4 weeks so dont think shes doing much growing but suppose it could be due to shed but her eyes are bright at the mo
lupi lou Posted - 25/06/2012 : 19:32:30
have you had a read of this: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720 ?
Donnie Posted - 25/06/2012 : 19:31:58
How long ago was the last feed? Is she in blue at the moment?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000