The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Vivarium sizes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scott-P Posted - 16/06/2012 : 23:33:46
Basically, when is my snakey ready to move out of her faunarium and into her vivarium? She is about 50cm long and still in the faunarium I bought for her as a starter. Now her 3 foot vivarium is completely decorated, guards in place, stat attached, everything done.. But I've become hesitant of moving her. I don't want to rush the move if she isn't going to be ready. I do have LOADS of plants in it, around 4 caves and coconut shell hides in and a really long piece of cork bark in as a hide all in it. However, it's still a lot bigger than a faun. I just don't fancy rushing it or somehow helping her to escape (I've read about snakes getting through the partition on the glass panels) cheers for any help
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Elicia Posted - 17/06/2012 : 18:12:58
Mine was in a 2 and half foot viv from being 7 months old, I just packed it up with hides and vines and then have removed some as she has got older. You will be fine, its fun to watch them exploring their new homes :)
Laws Posted - 17/06/2012 : 17:18:56
i imagine she will be fine , plenty of places to hide and nice space to explore :)
Okeetee Mick Posted - 17/06/2012 : 17:12:14
All mine were in their final vivs at 9 months, never had a problem with them, in fact they are out and about far more often. Plenty of hides is the key
adamasrc Posted - 17/06/2012 : 15:13:32
and if she doesnt, theres always the RUB option for a bit, just keep it inside the viv
Callazagy Posted - 16/06/2012 : 23:53:07
Hi Scott, with the amount of hides and plants in thier she will be absoulutely fine, she will have loads of fun exploring, but still feel secure.

Btw, Im Chris, Stephs friend from college. Im guessing its you lol, I knew you had joined but only just noticed the name and your set-up questions.
Georgina Posted - 16/06/2012 : 23:35:13
go for it! lol she will be fine, let her settle in for a week or so with only water changes and then feed after a week and see ho she goes x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000