The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New viv - need advice for wood hide and ornaments

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gingernutty Posted - 13/06/2012 : 18:01:46
I just got a huge new viv off a friend. She used to have a bearded
dragon and this was the viv he lived in, but it's not being used anymore and since I needed to upgrade soon anyway (Lucius is growing quickly!) I said I'd take it.

It's a large wooden viv with glass doors on the front, pretty standard. It contains a large wooden branch (not sure which wood, but it's very solid and hard) and a rough curved bit of wooden bark, and I'm not sure if they're okay to keep in the viv for my corn (after they've all been disinfected, obviously).

The curved bark looks like this http://www.petsathome.com/shop/round-cork-bark-by-monkfield-27913 and is very light, so I'm fairly sure it's cork. Would that be okay to keep in?

And I'm looking to get a skull ornament for Lucius to climb on and around, would a fish tank ornament (made from polyresin) be safe to put in?

Thanks in advance!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingernutty Posted - 13/06/2012 : 19:08:44
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go to the pet shop tomorrow to get some new hides and ornaments and make sure that snakey won't get himself stuck in them :p I'll just get a proper hide and bin the cork.
Hissyfit Posted - 13/06/2012 : 18:52:46
The wood will be fine once disinfected. I would bin the cork though. I had a small cork hide last year, and someone said they could only be used for a small amount of time then not that good, can't remember what went wrong with them, but I wouldn't risk it. The resin ornaments are good, but make sure you get one with a hollow base or it's an ordeal getting the snake out when you want them
ashby_steve Posted - 13/06/2012 : 18:38:00
Should be fine with the wood, although i used to have a peice when i first got my snake and after a few months i saw tiny tiny bugs on it

as for fish tank ornaments, just make sure theres no places your snake can get inside it
as most of them are hollow and there are often sharp edges

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000