New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gingernutty
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  18:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got a huge new viv off a friend. She used to have a bearded
dragon and this was the viv he lived in, but it's not being used anymore and since I needed to upgrade soon anyway (Lucius is growing quickly!) I said I'd take it.

It's a large wooden viv with glass doors on the front, pretty standard. It contains a large wooden branch (not sure which wood, but it's very solid and hard) and a rough curved bit of wooden bark, and I'm not sure if they're okay to keep in the viv for my corn (after they've all been disinfected, obviously).

The curved bark looks like this http://www.petsathome.com/shop/round-cork-bark-by-monkfield-27913 and is very light, so I'm fairly sure it's cork. Would that be okay to keep in?

And I'm looking to get a skull ornament for Lucius to climb on and around, would a fish tank ornament (made from polyresin) be safe to put in?

Thanks in advance!

ashby_steve
Hatchling

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  18:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be fine with the wood, although i used to have a peice when i first got my snake and after a few months i saw tiny tiny bugs on it

as for fish tank ornaments, just make sure theres no places your snake can get inside it
as most of them are hollow and there are often sharp edges

Edited by - ashby_steve on 13/06/2012 18:38:43
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  18:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wood will be fine once disinfected. I would bin the cork though. I had a small cork hide last year, and someone said they could only be used for a small amount of time then not that good, can't remember what went wrong with them, but I wouldn't risk it. The resin ornaments are good, but make sure you get one with a hollow base or it's an ordeal getting the snake out when you want them

Go to Top of Page

Gingernutty
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  19:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go to the pet shop tomorrow to get some new hides and ornaments and make sure that snakey won't get himself stuck in them :p I'll just get a proper hide and bin the cork.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000