The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding two pinkies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andrea49 Posted - 27/05/2012 : 19:54:59
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum - I've had a quick look and can't seem to find it, but please redirect me if I'm wrong.

This may seem a silly question, but how do you feed a snake two pinkies? Do you wiggle both at the same time, or give one, wait for it to be swallowed and then give the next. I've got a few more feeds before Kelloggs will be on the double pinkies but I'd just like to get my head around what I'll be doing!

Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kelly x Posted - 29/05/2012 : 19:41:10
Well I feed my 8 1/2 month corn 2 pinkies at the same time, I wait for him to eat one and move around a little and then offer the next one :) I have done this a few times now and have had no problems.
a33272 Posted - 28/05/2012 : 17:37:08
The guide is the munsoon guide, some go by it some don't. Most just feed what is appropriate. Nothing wrong with feeding double pinkies at a time as they jump from pinkie to fluff it to big so once one pinkie doesn't leave a bump start to feed double pinkies until the snakes the right size to start taking fluffs.
alib Posted - 28/05/2012 : 17:01:06
i heard that you shouldn't feed twice in 1 go and you should wait for the first pinky to be pood out before you feed it another 1, is this true?
Andrea49 Posted - 28/05/2012 : 16:58:54
Thanks for that black cat! I'd seen it somewhere on the forum but couldn't remember what thread. It's handy to have a guide. I realise every corn is different too but a basic guide is quite handy
Blackcat Posted - 28/05/2012 : 16:25:20
There have been several posts with feeding guidelines which for some reason I can't find, was hoping to be able to put a link to one of them so you had a pointer of what size to feed with regards to weight of snake.
Pretty sure it originates from OketeeMick, this is what I have written down as a GUIDE:
single pink, 6 days - Snake 4-15g
large pink(or 2 small pinks), 7 days - Snake 16-25g
fuzzie, 7 days - Snake 26-40g
Small, 7 days - Snake 41-80g
small x 2, 7 days - Snake 81-120g
Mouse, 7-14 days - Snake 121+g
Hope this is of some use and I'm sure if different some one else will correct me, but I use it as a guide only
Andrea49 Posted - 28/05/2012 : 15:55:58
I'm going to wait a couple of feeds but then try him on one I think. Going to get some decent scales for weighing him so that I can monitor the weight as well. He's settled in nicely now - just had a bit of a bad shed previous to us getting him, but it's sorted now and he's a gorgeous red and orange colour.
Ethancol Posted - 28/05/2012 : 15:53:21
Hi mate, when do you plan on feeding him doubles? Because funnilu enough I got my snake same day as you ajd he's also the same age!!
ScalySituation Posted - 27/05/2012 : 20:02:34
wait till the first one is about 1/2 way down his body and then offer the second :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000