The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How long before I give up?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Connies dad Posted - 15/05/2012 : 18:38:22
I lost Connie, my corn nearly 2 weeks ago. I've tried leaving out brained pinkies (she's only a baby) got water everywhere, but I fear she's either left the house or been eaten by one of our dogs. How long should I give it before I accept she's not coming back and replace her?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dalymad2 Posted - 27/06/2012 : 18:42:10
It seems so many corns turn up after long periods , must be so difficult for you at the moment, positive thoughts and as stated above get another snake and before you know it you will have two.
Donnie Posted - 27/06/2012 : 17:41:15
By all means get another snake bit make sure you get a 2nd setup as well for when she turns up :)
leee123 Posted - 27/06/2012 : 15:53:54
Don't give up Casper turned up in a bottle trap filled with gerbil bedding after 5 weeks. I had given up and hadn't even checked the trap for two days when I came home from work at 1am and there he was. I had the trap behind the fridge bcause its warm dark and quiet. Good luck.
Connies dad Posted - 27/06/2012 : 15:00:23
Still no sign :-( thinking of replacing her but I know she'll turn up as soon as I do!
kdlang Posted - 01/06/2012 : 09:10:13
Hope she turns up for you soon. I wouldnt put a mouse down too often as that will leave the smell of mouse constantly in the room. I would leave it for a week then try again. Don't lose hope, she could turn up at any time. Just make sure you keep checking your washing before putting it into the machine and your toaster before putting it on.
Hissyfit Posted - 31/05/2012 : 14:30:25
Like everyone else has said, don't give up she'll probably turn up when you least expect it. Good luck with your new Royal when you get him/her
lupi lou Posted - 31/05/2012 : 13:34:35
hmm i can imagine!! not sure what to sugest, but don't give up am sure she'll turn up when shes hungery!!!
Connies dad Posted - 31/05/2012 : 12:00:09
yes, I've been putting brained pinkies down, problem is, with the warm weather, by morning it stinks! the better half isn't happy!
lupi lou Posted - 29/05/2012 : 22:21:27
don't give up, theres still a chance, have you tried puting food down with the mouse bedding?
Connies dad Posted - 29/05/2012 : 22:17:53
Still no sign, starting to lose faith now :-(
cobweb251 Posted - 22/05/2012 : 13:52:27
keep your chin up, you will find her when you least expect to
Connies dad Posted - 22/05/2012 : 11:09:53
Well, left the mouse bedding down last night in bottle traps and still no joy. I'm picking my royal up on thursday and was really hoping connie would be home by then :-(
Cazzy Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:55:52
let's hope so!!
Connies dad Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:51:41
I've got to go back and pick it up, they clean them out on Monday. Let's hope it works!
Cazzy Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:48:25
quote:
Originally posted by Connies dad

Well, went to the pet shop this morning and asked for some used mouse bedding, explained what it was for, but the lad in the shop still looked at me like I was a sandwich short of a picnic, clearly not a reptile lover

i had to have a giggle at "I was a sandwich short of a picnic" did you manage to pick up the mouse bedding though?
Connies dad Posted - 19/05/2012 : 15:43:27
Well, went to the pet shop this morning and asked for some used mouse bedding, explained what it was for, but the lad in the shop still looked at me like I was a sandwich short of a picnic, clearly not a reptile lover
Connies dad Posted - 18/05/2012 : 19:53:06
Thanks guys.

I have kept the dogs out of the room her viv is in and I will go to the pet shop tomorrow and beg for some dirty bedding, I've not given up, and the more people I speak to the more confident I am she will turn up at some point. I'd just like it to be sooner rather than later.
marlin Posted - 18/05/2012 : 18:18:28
Don't give up - as previously stated they are tougher then you think and really good at avoiding predators - ie dogs! The problem is you just don't know how far (or near) you have to look. As you are looking for a baby they get into such tiny spaces. Can you keep the dogs away from the room with the viv? The little un will be much less likely to come and settle near the heat mat if there are dogs sniffing around.

Good luck
QueenVic Posted - 18/05/2012 : 16:55:29
Nip to a pet shop, I'm sure they wouldn't miss some dirty mouse bedding!!
seen as she's only a baby you could try it with lizard substrate too, or even lizard shed.

everything is worth a go!
Connies dad Posted - 18/05/2012 : 16:41:42
quote:
Originally posted by Oleary1982

Have u tried putting old mouse bedding in the bottle traps? It worked for me,

I don't breed my own mice so I don't have any unfortunately

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000