The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 naughty snake chapter 94

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nickyff Posted - 11/03/2012 : 22:45:11
so his latest trick to wind me up-
he's not eaten for 3 1/2 weeks, so I offered him a chick- a couple of licks, and - yaYYY! down it goes.....

except that would be too easy. He got about halfway down it, then picked it up and started waving it about, then sat down to carry on...three quarters down, and he just splurted it out- floop-

spat-out chick all covered in snake-slobber.

any idea why he might've done this? (other than just rattling my cage, that is..)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 12/03/2012 : 21:20:56
He's punishing you for putting an end to his nightly adventures!! :p Hopw he feeds for you soon :)
nickyff Posted - 12/03/2012 : 15:10:26
I did notice that chicks are a very different shape to mice- where a mouse is pretty much uniform diameter along its length, the chicks Ive got are all pear-shaped, so I suppose it makes sense that the snake doesn't know if he can eat it til he gets to the widest bit...
(but- even its fat bum end didn't break the rule of 1 and a half times his own widest bit)

aw, poor thing- he liked the smell and was quite keen-

next plan then, either a littler chick, I guess, or try scenting a mouse with a chick to get him eating. how long do you think I should leave him? he's not eaten for nearly 4 weeks now.

oo- another daft question, as I've never been able to get hold of chicks until now- whats the feasibility of splitting a chick in half length-ways, and the snake being able to eat it then???
lotabob Posted - 12/03/2012 : 13:10:38
Yeah how big is the snake, chicks are bigger in the body than they look, they know when things are too big and will spit them back out.
a33272 Posted - 12/03/2012 : 00:30:49
prob decided he couldnt get it down

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000