New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  22:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so his latest trick to wind me up-
he's not eaten for 3 1/2 weeks, so I offered him a chick- a couple of licks, and - yaYYY! down it goes.....

except that would be too easy. He got about halfway down it, then picked it up and started waving it about, then sat down to carry on...three quarters down, and he just splurted it out- floop-

spat-out chick all covered in snake-slobber.

any idea why he might've done this? (other than just rattling my cage, that is..)

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  00:30:49  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
prob decided he couldnt get it down

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  13:10:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah how big is the snake, chicks are bigger in the body than they look, they know when things are too big and will spit them back out.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  15:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did notice that chicks are a very different shape to mice- where a mouse is pretty much uniform diameter along its length, the chicks Ive got are all pear-shaped, so I suppose it makes sense that the snake doesn't know if he can eat it til he gets to the widest bit...
(but- even its fat bum end didn't break the rule of 1 and a half times his own widest bit)

aw, poor thing- he liked the smell and was quite keen-

next plan then, either a littler chick, I guess, or try scenting a mouse with a chick to get him eating. how long do you think I should leave him? he's not eaten for nearly 4 weeks now.

oo- another daft question, as I've never been able to get hold of chicks until now- whats the feasibility of splitting a chick in half length-ways, and the snake being able to eat it then???

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

Edited by - nickyff on 12/03/2012 15:12:41
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  21:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's punishing you for putting an end to his nightly adventures!! :p Hopw he feeds for you soon :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000