The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Sensor Placement

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
innocentspyke Posted - 03/03/2012 : 02:40:44
Morning All,

Just a quickie (ooh err)...

On my first setup, I have a faunarium sitting on a heat mat with the mat sensor between the faun and mat.

I have a thermometer probe inside the faun above the mat.

Is this ok? The reading on the thermometer is steady at 29c

Marc
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 10/03/2012 : 17:00:21
quote:
Originally posted by innocentspyke

Morning All,

Just a quickie (ooh err)...

On my first setup, I have a faunarium sitting on a heat mat with the mat sensor between the faun and mat.

I have a thermometer probe inside the faun above the mat.

Is this ok? The reading on the thermometer is steady at 29c

Marc

Sounds to me that you have it just right. Just be careful the temperature doesnt creep much higher than that.

Everyone has their own way of setting the probes but I have found the best way is as you have it with the thermostat probe under the faun and the thermometer probe inside on the base of the faun above the mat. I have the 2 probes banded together on top of the mat when I'm using vivs.

2corns - as said already, you need to put your mat inside the wooden viv as the heat wont be able to penetrate through effectively enough. You need to have it plugged into a thermostat so that it stays at the correct temperature and have a digital thermometer to monitor the temperatures. the thermostat and thermometer probes lay on the heatmat.
darrkang3l Posted - 10/03/2012 : 16:47:59
quote:
Originally posted by 2corns

Hi all... Im new to keeping corns.. So rather than post a new post ill be cheeky and highjack this one lol..
We have got my sons corn in a wooden viv now, with the heatmat under it and the prob inside the viv above where the heat mat is.. Thing is it doesnt feel very hot... Any ideas please :)
Cheers Claire x

you need to remove the heat mat from under the wood. it will not do anything there im afraid. it needs to go inside the viv under the substrate and you need a thermostat on it to keep the temperature from going too high! :)
mkmattyk Posted - 10/03/2012 : 16:25:36
To me both probes should be together UNDER the substrate but in the faun/viv... And 2corns wood is a extreemly good insulator so i would put your heat mat in the viv not under
2corns Posted - 10/03/2012 : 16:20:18
Hi all... Im new to keeping corns.. So rather than post a new post ill be cheeky and highjack this one lol..
We have got my sons corn in a wooden viv now, with the heatmat under it and the prob inside the viv above where the heat mat is.. Thing is it doesnt feel very hot... Any ideas please :)
Cheers Claire x
innocentspyke Posted - 03/03/2012 : 22:13:14
Cheers guys :)

My first corn, so just making sure :)

Will pop pics up soon :)
Georgina Posted - 03/03/2012 : 17:03:40
both probes should alway touch the mat, so sounds all good x
darrkang3l Posted - 03/03/2012 : 17:01:39
sounds all good! although i tend to put my stat probe on the substrate above the heat mat. banded to the thermometer probe! not taped tho! never use tape! xD
Mamma Posted - 03/03/2012 : 11:14:21
sounds fine

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000