The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 HELP ! How can i keep my snakes ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Becky_Ben Posted - 01/03/2012 : 19:09:39
Help Help Help im in tears !!!
My fiancee's ex has found out we have snakes and she has totoally freaked about her son coming to stay while we have them, Ive had them for months now but the little lad (nearly age 4) decided to mention them this week. She cant stop us seeing him as we have a court order but she threatened to tell social services !! as we argued they arent dangerous and all have viv locks on she has changed her mind to the fact she will tell the councill how many animals we have (14 alltogether) And i think there going to say thats too many, she said she wont go through with it if we 'get rid' of the snakes :( What else can i do apart from rehome them ???
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tk72 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 08:16:06
Where does the grinch live? We could all take our snakes round and put them in her house. Could be like the scene in Indiana jones that would get her back. But all joking aside sorry you had to regime them and hope things get better for you.
Becky_Ben Posted - 11/03/2012 : 00:18:14
Thank you every body for your support but yes midget has found a lovley new home thanks to this site and its members :)
Im still very upset that she has got her own way and ive had to rehome all of my snakies :( but it wont be this way forever :)
Gonna miss them all so much especially my special lil midget, but thanks to claire ill still see updates on him this makes it a little less pain full and the other snake went to a friend that lives local so i can pop round and see her all the time :)
Thanks guys and girls, :) I wont be leaving this page as i do intend on getting another snake when the little lad has his own say on where he stays and goes (a good 10 yrs yet) ill just have to use the other reptile section for my updates xxx
Falice Posted - 09/03/2012 : 16:54:19
oh i'm so sorry to read all this, What a cow, sounds like she is just trying to cause trouble for the sake of it, I really hate people like that! Although at least the snakeys have gone to people who will take good care of them =] And i hope one day u can get your own back!
claire_daz Posted - 09/03/2012 : 13:02:37
http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/reptile-starter-kits-417/corn-snake-starter-kits--1519/swell-cornsnake-starter-kit-beginner-292093.html

this is what ive ordered for midget
smart bunny Posted - 09/03/2012 : 10:46:02
Lol Claire!!
claire_daz Posted - 09/03/2012 : 10:10:08
i've been and ordered his viv this morning and we gonna keep in touch with her lol snakey updates my oh was only saying on sunday that he thought the normal corns were very pretty so when becky said she needed help i only had to memtion midget and he was all for it . i was well happy as i've been dropping hints for the last three weeks about having another snakey which he has been ignoring lol
smart bunny Posted - 09/03/2012 : 09:55:34
Um guys, she's already rehomed one snake and the other is going to Claire Daz.

So sorry to read this, but glad someone from the forum has taken him on. I must admit I was tempted as I saw you were in Leigh - but I thought that was Leigh-on-Sea in Essex lol!! Lancashire is too far!! Not a problem now though as you have sorted it. So sorry it ended this way though, I hope your partner appreciates your sacrifice! xx
mikeyd_26 Posted - 08/03/2012 : 23:47:21
totally agree with K and lotabob ^^^
and although a corn is obviously a snake it is totally harmless what threat could it possibly be?
theres always the hide him option?
dont give up yet :)
lotabob Posted - 08/03/2012 : 23:21:39
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Have only skimmed through the first page of this thread, but usually pets are defined as "animals that could cause damage or flea infestation to a property". By rights the council can say absolutely nothing about them, they arenot classed as pets because they are contained in tanks, like fish!!
Fish do not come under the same rule for pets as furries do.

In regards the ex telling social services, then let her. Social services will visit to confirm that there is no danger to the child, and she'll have no leg to stand on.
We had a similar issue a couple years back when we had a rottweiler and my grandaughter used to live with us, they came round saw that the dog and we were safe, if you try to avoid the visits they will assume the worst and that you're trying to hide it.

Quite simply as someone else has said, hit it head on, if need be, YOU invite social services round to confirm that it's a safe environment for the child, you'd be surprised at how nice they are really if you don't try to avoid things.
Then get them to confirm in writing that it's a safe environment and stuff that right up the ex's backside with a nice bow tied round it made of barbed wire.

Couldn't have said it better, you are not breaking any rules keeping a few snakes, not the councils tenancy rules, not the court order (I'm sure there won't be a snake and other animals the mother is frightened of clause in there) so absolutely call her bluff, it sounds like if you've had to get a court order that she is just being difficult and this is just an excuse to continue that pattern of behaviour. Tell her to call whoever she wishes to call as they will find not a scrap of a reason to change any arrangements already in place.

Good luck and I hope you sort this without having to give up everything you love.
Kehhlyr Posted - 08/03/2012 : 22:39:06
Have only skimmed through the first page of this thread, but usually pets are defined as "animals that could cause damage or flea infestation to a property". By rights the council can say absolutely nothing about them, they arenot classed as pets because they are contained in tanks, like fish!!
Fish do not come under the same rule for pets as furries do.

In regards the ex telling social services, then let her. Social services will visit to confirm that there is no danger to the child, and she'll have no leg to stand on.
We had a similar issue a couple years back when we had a rottweiler and my grandaughter used to live with us, they came round saw that the dog and we were safe, if you try to avoid the visits they will assume the worst and that you're trying to hide it.

Quite simply as someone else has said, hit it head on, if need be, YOU invite social services round to confirm that it's a safe environment for the child, you'd be surprised at how nice they are really if you don't try to avoid things.
Then get them to confirm in writing that it's a safe environment and stuff that right up the ex's backside with a nice bow tied round it made of barbed wire.
Sta~ple Posted - 08/03/2012 : 22:02:27
I'm sorry :( I hope you can get that evil cow back somehow though.
claire_daz Posted - 08/03/2012 : 21:49:18
lol i just been on google maps to plot our route thank god its mothers day the next day
Becky_Ben Posted - 08/03/2012 : 21:33:04
Looks like midget is awaiting pick up from claire and daz next saturday :) Thank you all so much for your support :D xxx
Becky_Ben Posted - 08/03/2012 : 21:22:21
Ive text you hun thank you :)
claire_daz Posted - 08/03/2012 : 21:09:24
i have resent email to your email
Becky_Ben Posted - 08/03/2012 : 20:49:16
I have no email in inbox or junk :( its bextorzanimals@hotmail.com
Becky_Ben Posted - 08/03/2012 : 20:46:58
okay ill check my email and thanks scottish for your consideration
claire_daz Posted - 08/03/2012 : 20:00:43
please text me i have added my number in the email
claire_daz Posted - 08/03/2012 : 19:58:37
becky ive just emailed you
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/03/2012 : 19:56:13
So so sorry, i would have gladly have taken some in with the hopes of them going back to you, sadly i am too far away

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000