The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Heating with bulbs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LarkaDawg Posted - 06/01/2012 : 17:36:11
Hi, I heat my two vivs with blue spot light bulbs, stated with a B1 Microclimate dimmer stat each. They are in the back left corner of the vivs at a diagnal, with the probe under the area that the light hits most (1/3 in from the left). But I'm unhappy with the light they emmit (being winter the lights are sometimes on at night) at night, and am getting two ceramic light bulbs with fittings (straight down, not diagnal this time) and was wondering where abouts to attach them?
It could be like this:

Which is best? Or is there a better position?

Also, is it okay to use my two microclimate dimmer stats with the new ceramics? I heard something about 'pusle' stats, but I don't know what they are.. I know that people do use dimmer stats on ceramics, but wanted you lot's take on it

Thanks!! x
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 06/01/2012 : 22:53:27
straight down, and your dimmer will be fine on a ceramic :)
LarkaDawg Posted - 06/01/2012 : 20:34:36
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Pointing down heats the ground under the bulb, snakes absorb a lot of heat through their belly. I would have thought that would be the best way to do it. Pointing sideways is just heating the air and will make creating a gradient more difficult.

Thank you, will do that then
lotabob Posted - 06/01/2012 : 18:40:55
Pointing down heats the ground under the bulb, snakes absorb a lot of heat through their belly. I would have thought that would be the best way to do it. Pointing sideways is just heating the air and will make creating a gradient more difficult.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000