The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Snake constipation?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scott1102 Posted - 31/12/2011 : 12:28:44
I feed my year old corn a small fuzzie every 5-7 days and the last two feeds iv seen no poo in her viv. Usually its almost garunteed that 2-3 days later ill find a big wollop of it but nothing latelly.

Is she constipated? should i feed her? she is supposed to get fed today

getting worried :(
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 02/01/2012 : 18:45:28
Try not to worry, when they need to they will go. Some mice have a lot of nutrients and there's not so much waste so it might be that too. I've had the same concerns when I first kept snakes but it's really not that unusual and not a great cause for concern at this stage. I'd feed as normal and just wait for nature to take it's course.
scott1102 Posted - 02/01/2012 : 16:50:46
lol :) ill keep an eye on her, this is 3 feeds now, fed her a couple of days ago so im expecting a poo either today or tomorrow morning
Kath Posted - 02/01/2012 : 16:43:26
Hi Scott, a while ago I was getting worried about Cornelius's bowel movements coz we'd been feeding him & he hadn't been pooing like normal.
Anyway, turned out I had nowt to worry about coz one night, I found a couple of poos behind a soft toy I have on my couch which is where he likes to wander when he's out & about!
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/12/2011 : 16:50:14
What you can try if you are still worried is a very shallow warm bath, this can help them go (most can freak out though ), or maybe just handle her for a while, this makes most poop!
scott1102 Posted - 31/12/2011 : 12:58:19
ha! lol

She shed about 2 weeks ago so i dont think shes ready again. yep shes on aspen, but usually her poos are MASSIVE lol to the point you can spot them a mile off.
Sta~ple Posted - 31/12/2011 : 12:36:37
It will poo don't worry. You know is she is near having a shed as they can hold it in if they are, or sometime they just feel like holding it in. If shes on aspen then the poos maybe so tiny you can't see :P Normally when mine are holding onto a poo and I try and feed them, they poo right on the mouses head XD

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000