The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tona Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:43:35
my corn snake was due a feed today but wont eat it, on his feeding chart it says he somethimes goe 17 days without food so this isn't really worrying me.

I don't know what to do with the mouse though, can i put it back in the freezer or do i have to bin it now ?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
adamasrc Posted - 14/12/2011 : 22:07:11
yeah, dont refreeze!
nickyff Posted - 14/12/2011 : 21:05:58
refreezing anyhting that's been frozen once and then defrosted is NOT a good idea- it will have started bacterial decay- if you try to feed a snake a twice frozen mouse, if yr lucky he wont eat it, if he does, you could be in for all kinds of trouble. I wouldn't do it.he's better off waiting until you can get a fresh one.
Hissyfit Posted - 14/12/2011 : 20:49:56
If you buy a small plastic sandwich box it's a good way to store the mice and doesn't take up much space in the freezer I keep 10 med mice & 10 fuzzies in the box, and put a piece of kitchen roll over them before putting the lid on...that way they can't be seen when you're looking for something in the freezer, and in an air tight box your family should have no reason to complain
tona Posted - 14/12/2011 : 20:03:12
thanks (:
Simmy_82 Posted - 14/12/2011 : 19:29:25
Give it 2 or 3 days and try again.
tona Posted - 14/12/2011 : 19:15:59
how long should i wait until i should try feeding him again ?
tona Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:56:46
ok, thanks i buy one at a time (my family isn't too keen on keeping a load of mice in the freezer)
mkmattyk Posted - 14/12/2011 : 18:53:26
i normally throw away, but i do buy in bulk (3-6 months for each snake) so no great loss, but for someone that doesnt have as many maybe they would refreeze

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000