The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 lost snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nickyff Posted - 02/12/2011 : 01:15:19
i know this has happened to loads of people before, and 'they can survive surprisingly long times' etcetc but christonabike i think im actually not MEANT to keep a snake.....
cant find her anywhere in the viv- we do have this fab hide thats a big shell with holes in but usually if she's curled up in it you can see a bit of her if you look through the holes and there is NO sign...
trouble is, the room she's in (if shes still even here) is full of file boxes and shelves of stuff cos its where i keep all my work related gubbins, so there are literally millions of places she could be- and she's only a tiddler- 5 months old so could squeeze in anywhere...
i know some of the 'tricks' for finding where she might be- flour on the floor etc, but not very hopeful, tbh.. just needed to 'vent' (haha- totly unintentional snake-'pun' there...)

oh crap- more cash down the swannee, and crying kids again, no doubt...
any other ideas beyond flour would be appreciated, ta
nicky
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Emmy1 Posted - 03/12/2011 : 18:52:56
Glad it was all a false alarm!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/12/2011 : 15:37:38
Always check viv THOROUGHLY!!!!!!!!!!!! glad you didnt have an escape
nickyff Posted - 03/12/2011 : 00:34:08
panic over- turns out she WAS in the shell... just had somehow poked herself so far round inside it she was complETEly invisible..... minx..

thanks for suggestions tho- I hope I never need them for real, the wave of stress I traveled was really horrible
marc_sg Posted - 02/12/2011 : 01:39:40
Id put a towl at the bottom of the door to stop the lil one getting out asap. then work from top down. shut the windows. patients is key when looking for a hatchie. but generaly for the first few days the stay in the room. check cables dont matter if its 1 or 100 the cable will give off heat. put the viv on the floor with the door open with a pinky in and bottle traps with pinkys in as well. this is everything you need to do http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12170

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000