lost snake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  01:15:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know this has happened to loads of people before, and 'they can survive surprisingly long times' etcetc but christonabike i think im actually not MEANT to keep a snake.....
cant find her anywhere in the viv- we do have this fab hide thats a big shell with holes in but usually if she's curled up in it you can see a bit of her if you look through the holes and there is NO sign...
trouble is, the room she's in (if shes still even here) is full of file boxes and shelves of stuff cos its where i keep all my work related gubbins, so there are literally millions of places she could be- and she's only a tiddler- 5 months old so could squeeze in anywhere...
i know some of the 'tricks' for finding where she might be- flour on the floor etc, but not very hopeful, tbh.. just needed to 'vent' (haha- totly unintentional snake-'pun' there...)

oh crap- more cash down the swannee, and crying kids again, no doubt...
any other ideas beyond flour would be appreciated, ta
nicky

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  01:39:40  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Id put a towl at the bottom of the door to stop the lil one getting out asap. then work from top down. shut the windows. patients is key when looking for a hatchie. but generaly for the first few days the stay in the room. check cables dont matter if its 1 or 100 the cable will give off heat. put the viv on the floor with the door open with a pinky in and bottle traps with pinkys in as well. this is everything you need to do http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12170

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  00:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
panic over- turns out she WAS in the shell... just had somehow poked herself so far round inside it she was complETEly invisible..... minx..

thanks for suggestions tho- I hope I never need them for real, the wave of stress I traveled was really horrible

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  15:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always check viv THOROUGHLY!!!!!!!!!!!! glad you didnt have an escape

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P