The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Normal Behaviour / Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kath Posted - 24/11/2011 : 09:56:26
Hi all,

Just a couple of quick questions..

1) Everytime we handle Cornelius, he will be on our hands for a bit then will want to wander off & either try & hide in a crease on my clothes or go on sofa & hide behind a cushion. Is this normal?

2) Last time he shed was 23rd Oct, we've had him for nearly 6wks & his weight has stayed the same. We thought he was going to shed last week coz he's gone dull but he hasn't yet & we haven't noticed his eyes going blue.
Do corns only shed when they're putting on weight/getting longer or does it just happen anyway?

Many thanks!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kath Posted - 25/11/2011 : 14:43:47
Thx Mick.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 24/11/2011 : 19:29:22
Wouldn't worry about weight gain too much, some of mine stay the same for weeks at a time and then put a spurt on.
Kath Posted - 24/11/2011 : 14:27:39
Thx peeps. I would have thought, coz they hide in their faunas/vivs, when we handle them, they'd like to have a nosey round & not hide!

Had a spy on Cornelius before & have noticed his eyes are opaque so a shed maybe on it's way soon...I want him to be shiny again!!
Mamma Posted - 24/11/2011 : 12:11:39
Hiding is normal. The snakes looking for somewhere dark and warm to hide.
Simmy_82 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 10:53:44
Yeah its normal behaviour. Mine is always moving and trying to hide when handling. Especially with them being young and small.

As for shedding its nothing to worry about, they shed when they need to(eg growing, gaining weight, scale damage etc). I am sure its coming soon. Mine started dulling down 2 weeks ago, only went into blue mon/tues. Its now out of blue and we are waiting for the shed, which last time was a day or two after clearing up.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000