The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 True Blue?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bluenicoli Posted - 10/11/2011 : 20:26:10
Hi all! Well i think i'm being a nervous new corn owner but Norman is keeping himself very much to himself. Last wednesday (8 days ago) i fed him a two pinkie feed and he didn't come out for a couple of days, which is quite normal for him after a feed. A couple of days later he was just peeping his head out but i haven't seen him at all for about four days now. He shed the very first day i had him, which was about five weeks ago, so i do think he's getting ready to shed again. Is it ok to lift his hide and check him out? Always avoided doing this as it's his safe spot. Also as he's a snow the signs of going into blue would be hard to spot so don't want to stress him out for no reason.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bluenicoli Posted - 16/11/2011 : 22:26:09
Thanks guys, proud moment for me i must say! Fed the little chap tonight and he practically inhaled it!!
ScalySituation Posted - 16/11/2011 : 12:04:37
yay for shedding!
smart bunny Posted - 16/11/2011 : 11:59:54
Yay for the perfect shed, clever snakey! :)
Hissyfit Posted - 15/11/2011 : 18:29:33
Glad the shed went well I feed mine straight after shedding, and they're always happy to take it
Kez Posted - 15/11/2011 : 18:26:48
Glad he shed well for you. I'm sure he should be fine to feed. Maizie behaved as if she was starving after she shed for the first time with us and actually struck and snatched mousie off me, so I can't see it being a problem. You can but try
Bluenicoli Posted - 15/11/2011 : 18:23:20
quote:
Originally posted by Casta

have yo noticed his eyes change? snows go pink and the colours darken a bit. that and hiding away are good indicators (except with mine coz she's alazy madame)

Ok so quick update. Checked Norm out a couple of days ago and he was definitely misty eyed, couldn't notice any pinkness though. Then last night he started poking his head out and had gone clear so figured he was probably ready to shed. About twenty minutes ago went in and there's a perfect shed sat there! All off in one go. Annoyingly i was in the next room the whole time so could have nipped in a watched it! So proud of the wee chap. Should I give him a feed tonight? It's been 10 days now so I'm sure he's peckish!
Bluenicoli Posted - 11/11/2011 : 17:09:48
Thanks guys, i have had a sneaky look now and his eys look a bit misty so i think that's what it is. Can't wait for him to be all new and shiny! And thanks for the link bluebird, that will be really handy for the future!
Mamma Posted - 11/11/2011 : 08:47:12
He probably is out and about during the night when you are sleeping
Casta Posted - 11/11/2011 : 00:49:58
have yo noticed his eyes change? snows go pink and the colours darken a bit. that and hiding away are good indicators (except with mine coz she's alazy madame)
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/11/2011 : 00:34:27
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18287&SearchTerms=snow,shed,blue
That should be very helpfull!!
cattNmo Posted - 10/11/2011 : 20:54:31
It does sound like hes keeping himself out the way. and given the time scale could be blue. As for looking. I always lift the hides on my guys (right or wrong) The always seem happy to be picked up from there. but they been here a while now. I not got a show but having seen a few i imagine it is very hard to spot blue. Sure some of the more experienced guys will be along to help out soon.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000