New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bluenicoli
Egg

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  20:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all! Well i think i'm being a nervous new corn owner but Norman is keeping himself very much to himself. Last wednesday (8 days ago) i fed him a two pinkie feed and he didn't come out for a couple of days, which is quite normal for him after a feed. A couple of days later he was just peeping his head out but i haven't seen him at all for about four days now. He shed the very first day i had him, which was about five weeks ago, so i do think he's getting ready to shed again. Is it ok to lift his hide and check him out? Always avoided doing this as it's his safe spot. Also as he's a snow the signs of going into blue would be hard to spot so don't want to stress him out for no reason.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

1.0.0 Snow Motley - Norman

cattNmo
Hatchling

182 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  20:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does sound like hes keeping himself out the way. and given the time scale could be blue. As for looking. I always lift the hides on my guys (right or wrong) The always seem happy to be picked up from there. but they been here a while now. I not got a show but having seen a few i imagine it is very hard to spot blue. Sure some of the more experienced guys will be along to help out soon.

Three corns, a dog, a cat, 2 kids and a future husband, Yes its a MAD HOUSE in leicester area.
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  00:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18287&SearchTerms=snow,shed,blue
That should be very helpfull!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  00:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have yo noticed his eyes change? snows go pink and the colours darken a bit. that and hiding away are good indicators (except with mine coz she's alazy madame)

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  08:47:12  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He probably is out and about during the night when you are sleeping

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bluenicoli
Egg

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  17:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, i have had a sneaky look now and his eys look a bit misty so i think that's what it is. Can't wait for him to be all new and shiny! And thanks for the link bluebird, that will be really handy for the future!

Go to Top of Page

Bluenicoli
Egg

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  18:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Casta

have yo noticed his eyes change? snows go pink and the colours darken a bit. that and hiding away are good indicators (except with mine coz she's alazy madame)

Ok so quick update. Checked Norm out a couple of days ago and he was definitely misty eyed, couldn't notice any pinkness though. Then last night he started poking his head out and had gone clear so figured he was probably ready to shed. About twenty minutes ago went in and there's a perfect shed sat there! All off in one go. Annoyingly i was in the next room the whole time so could have nipped in a watched it! So proud of the wee chap. Should I give him a feed tonight? It's been 10 days now so I'm sure he's peckish!

Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  18:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad he shed well for you. I'm sure he should be fine to feed. Maizie behaved as if she was starving after she shed for the first time with us and actually struck and snatched mousie off me, so I can't see it being a problem. You can but try

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  18:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad the shed went well I feed mine straight after shedding, and they're always happy to take it

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  11:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay for the perfect shed, clever snakey! :)

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  12:04:37  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yay for shedding!

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Bluenicoli
Egg

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  22:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, proud moment for me i must say! Fed the little chap tonight and he practically inhaled it!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000