The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Not sure.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Regalmatt Posted - 10/11/2011 : 16:55:18
I've just been reading posts on people upping feeds to fuzzies, I tried my corn on 2 pinkys a few weeks back and she regurged 1.
This may sound like a silly request but could someone post a pick of their snake next to a fuzzy to give me an idea of how the sizes are,I understand this could be difficult if it's not at feeding time!! I'm a bit nervous to try cos of the regurge and some idea of size would be great!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 10/11/2011 : 20:33:49
snakes dont grow very quickly on pinkies, But so long as it is eating shedding pooing growing theres no problem.

Sta~ple Posted - 10/11/2011 : 20:27:30
This site has pictures of sizes of food :) http://anfrozenfoods.co.uk/#/mice/4532624648 of course, different suppliers have different weights and sizes for their food but with pinkies and fuzzies they are very very close.
Regalmatt Posted - 10/11/2011 : 17:50:54
I thought it was1.5 the wdth of the widest part? A pinky leaves a small bump,but she doesn't seem to be growing very fast, she putting on about a gram a week-ish.
Casta Posted - 10/11/2011 : 17:39:28
it usually goes that the food can be 1.5 times the width of the head but i just judge by the bump. gave casta 2 pinkies tuesday night(one normal one small) to see how she'd go. if the pinkies still leaving a sizable lump then leave off for a bit. i wouldn't feed casta a fuzzie till shes happily taking 2 pinkies for a while. try a couple of smaller pinks if you can get them next time and see what happens. the bulge after swallowing usually decides it. hope that helps and if i'm wrong someone please tell me

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000