New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  16:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just been reading posts on people upping feeds to fuzzies, I tried my corn on 2 pinkys a few weeks back and she regurged 1.
This may sound like a silly request but could someone post a pick of their snake next to a fuzzy to give me an idea of how the sizes are,I understand this could be difficult if it's not at feeding time!! I'm a bit nervous to try cos of the regurge and some idea of size would be great!

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  17:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it usually goes that the food can be 1.5 times the width of the head but i just judge by the bump. gave casta 2 pinkies tuesday night(one normal one small) to see how she'd go. if the pinkies still leaving a sizable lump then leave off for a bit. i wouldn't feed casta a fuzzie till shes happily taking 2 pinkies for a while. try a couple of smaller pinks if you can get them next time and see what happens. the bulge after swallowing usually decides it. hope that helps and if i'm wrong someone please tell me

Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  17:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it was1.5 the wdth of the widest part? A pinky leaves a small bump,but she doesn't seem to be growing very fast, she putting on about a gram a week-ish.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  20:27:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This site has pictures of sizes of food :) http://anfrozenfoods.co.uk/#/mice/4532624648 of course, different suppliers have different weights and sizes for their food but with pinkies and fuzzies they are very very close.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  20:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
snakes dont grow very quickly on pinkies, But so long as it is eating shedding pooing growing theres no problem.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000