The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 moving up viv?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackk94 Posted - 29/10/2011 : 22:47:14
my corn snake is 2 foot in length and the vivarium i've got is 3 foot in length. do you think its saft to let her out into the full size vivarium or is she still too small for this?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 02/11/2011 : 19:41:18
Corns don't need high vivs as they are not tree living snakes, while some may take the oppurninty to climb, too much height is kinda a waste.
Pokerron Posted - 02/11/2011 : 10:20:25
Sorry to bump my first ever post, but I am hoping to pick up the new Viv this week, so your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Pokerron Posted - 01/11/2011 : 18:21:13
Hi, long time listener, first time caller! I know that putting a corn snake in a viv that is too wide can unsettle them, but does the same thing apply to height? I am keen to get a new viv for my (sons, or so he thinks!) corn snake and would ideally like to get a taller one that allows him to climb up branches etc, but I dont want to unsettle him.
Jackk94 Posted - 30/10/2011 : 10:44:50
oh good :) i've got lots of hides and bushes and logs for her to go under. let her in last night and she was loving climbing up the bush stuck to the side of the viv!
jonoandapril Posted - 30/10/2011 : 09:13:26
yep, iv got mine in a 3 foot and just packed it out with all sorts of hides and logs etc. shes fine. shes only about 2 1/2 foot long aswell
Okeetee Mick Posted - 30/10/2011 : 02:54:37
As long as there are hides she will do just fine in a 3ft viv.
Spreebok Posted - 30/10/2011 : 00:12:20
How about putting a divide down the middle of the 3ft viv, theres a good tutorial by auld in the diy section.
Jackk94 Posted - 29/10/2011 : 23:27:39
i mean, she's currently in a small-ish RUB and i'm feeling this is too small for her as her body length can go round the RUB once. the only other option i've got is to let her into the 3ft by 1.5ft vivarium. she's feeding on one fuzzy per week. so worried!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 29/10/2011 : 23:20:43
i personnaly would keep her in the 3ft viv for now as alot of adults can live in a 3ftx1.5ft viv all there lifes, but when shes older and bigger if you can offer a 4ft and the snake is comfortable then this is all gud! also corns can get very skittish in to much open space especially when there young :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000