The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SheWolfey Posted - 27/10/2011 : 18:15:10
Another newbe question, sorry.

I have a problem. Today I checked her feeding schedule and she last fed on the 18th (which was a Tuesday). I got her on Sunday and I know you're not supposed to feed them for a week after you get them. But, if I fed her on Sunday, she would haven't of eaten for 12 days.

Will she be ok, or should I feed her a little earlier?
I am just a little worried as she is only 3 months old and I am not sure how long she can go with out eating.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulie78 Posted - 28/10/2011 : 14:58:05
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

as mentioned she will be ok no need for sorries either. The amount of questions I was asking when I started out was unreal! I think we are all like that! xx

I reckon i musta driven everyone here nuts i was asking 101 questions before id even got my snake ask away theres no such thing as a stupid question
SheWolfey Posted - 28/10/2011 : 14:39:06
quote:
Originally posted by Simmy_82

Same happend with mine. I bought mine on a Sunday, its next feed day was due the monday, which i skipped and fed the Sunday after, meaning it had gone 14days with out feeding and was completly fine. Its nothing to worry too much about, tho to be fair i was exactly the same lol

When they dont feed they apparently shut down their digestive system to conserve energy. I read that somewhere cant remember where tho.

I wish I could shut down my digestive system, as I am all ways hungry
Simmy_82 Posted - 28/10/2011 : 14:25:10
Same happend with mine. I bought mine on a Sunday, its next feed day was due the monday, which i skipped and fed the Sunday after, meaning it had gone 14days with out feeding and was completly fine. Its nothing to worry too much about, tho to be fair i was exactly the same lol

When they dont feed they apparently shut down their digestive system to conserve energy. I read that somewhere cant remember where tho.
SheWolfey Posted - 28/10/2011 : 14:22:28
Thanks so much! I didn't know they could go for months without food
Mamma Posted - 27/10/2011 : 19:50:56
as mentioned she will be ok no need for sorries either. The amount of questions I was asking when I started out was unreal! I think we are all like that! xx
polarchick Posted - 27/10/2011 : 18:20:22
Hi SheWolfey!

Don't worry, she'll be fine if you postpone her feeding. Snakes - even small hatchlings - can go for weeks or even months without food. It's a bit difficult to get your head round as we humans are very different animals (I can feel my stomach rumbling as I type!) so it's quite a worry at first but she has more chance of having a successful first feed with you if she has had the whole week to get used to her new surroundings.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000