Feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SheWolfey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  18:15:10  Show Profile  Visit SheWolfey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another newbe question, sorry.

I have a problem. Today I checked her feeding schedule and she last fed on the 18th (which was a Tuesday). I got her on Sunday and I know you're not supposed to feed them for a week after you get them. But, if I fed her on Sunday, she would haven't of eaten for 12 days.

Will she be ok, or should I feed her a little earlier?
I am just a little worried as she is only 3 months old and I am not sure how long she can go with out eating.

1.1.0 Cats (Baccus and Isis)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Indra)

polarchick
Egg

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  18:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SheWolfey!

Don't worry, she'll be fine if you postpone her feeding. Snakes - even small hatchlings - can go for weeks or even months without food. It's a bit difficult to get your head round as we humans are very different animals (I can feel my stomach rumbling as I type!) so it's quite a worry at first but she has more chance of having a successful first feed with you if she has had the whole week to get used to her new surroundings.

1.0.0 CB11 Carolina corn snake - Hygge
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  19:50:56  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as mentioned she will be ok no need for sorries either. The amount of questions I was asking when I started out was unreal! I think we are all like that! xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

SheWolfey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  14:22:28  Show Profile  Visit SheWolfey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much! I didn't know they could go for months without food

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  14:25:10  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Same happend with mine. I bought mine on a Sunday, its next feed day was due the monday, which i skipped and fed the Sunday after, meaning it had gone 14days with out feeding and was completly fine. Its nothing to worry too much about, tho to be fair i was exactly the same lol

When they dont feed they apparently shut down their digestive system to conserve energy. I read that somewhere cant remember where tho.

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith

Edited by - Simmy_82 on 28/10/2011 14:25:48
Go to Top of Page

SheWolfey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  14:39:06  Show Profile  Visit SheWolfey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simmy_82

Same happend with mine. I bought mine on a Sunday, its next feed day was due the monday, which i skipped and fed the Sunday after, meaning it had gone 14days with out feeding and was completly fine. Its nothing to worry too much about, tho to be fair i was exactly the same lol

When they dont feed they apparently shut down their digestive system to conserve energy. I read that somewhere cant remember where tho.

I wish I could shut down my digestive system, as I am all ways hungry

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  14:58:05  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

as mentioned she will be ok no need for sorries either. The amount of questions I was asking when I started out was unreal! I think we are all like that! xx

I reckon i musta driven everyone here nuts i was asking 101 questions before id even got my snake ask away theres no such thing as a stupid question

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: