The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Bbrrrrrr!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Regalmatt Posted - 25/10/2011 : 19:01:38
Hi guys,
I posted a while back about my corn spending all her time in the cool hide, well after all your advice( good I may add) she's still there, I swapped hides which incidentally were exactly the same anyway, dropped the warm side temp from (28.5-29) to (28-28.5). Why does she stay there? The cool end fluctuates from around 20-22 and as low as 19 at night,she even digests in the cool hide! Should I try dropping the temp more? Or is she ok to spend all the time in cool end?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tk72 Posted - 26/10/2011 : 13:34:36
Yeah paddy spends his time in the cool end. Got a mat and stat and warm end always at 30 so he must just like the cooler end. But like lots of others he feeds fine poos fine and is healthy.
NaeLou Posted - 25/10/2011 : 23:24:09
Misssi spends most her time in her cool side! As a newbie, I'm glad to hear its quite common!
Sta~ple Posted - 25/10/2011 : 19:28:59
My anerys spend all the time at the cool end, even after eating.
ptmbradley Posted - 25/10/2011 : 19:20:56
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Hehe, must be a Snow thing then. Lister is exactly the same! All the others use the hot end for digesting, but he's always just sat in the cold end xD But, likewise, he poops fine, has never regurged or anything, so I don't care, he knows what he needs :)

Same. She never refuses a meal, poops fine, sheds fine and looks and feels fine, so I don't give it a second thought now.

Except I begrudge the fact I'm paying to heat a mat that almost never gets used! lol
Regalmatt Posted - 25/10/2011 : 19:16:59
Mat and stat heating
Spreebok Posted - 25/10/2011 : 19:10:58
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

My snow corn is the same. I've had her 6 months now, and hardly EVER have I seen her in the warm. But she's perfectly healthy so I stopped worrying about it.

Hehe, must be a Snow thing then. Lister is exactly the same! All the others use the hot end for digesting, but he's always just sat in the cold end xD But, likewise, he poops fine, has never regurged or anything, so I don't care, he knows what he needs :)
lotabob Posted - 25/10/2011 : 19:07:24
Mat or bulb heating?
ptmbradley Posted - 25/10/2011 : 19:07:15
She will know what she wants more than you do, so don't worry.

My snow corn is the same. I've had her 6 months now, and hardly EVER have I seen her in the warm. But she's perfectly healthy so I stopped worrying about it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000