Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I posted a while back about my corn spending all her time in the cool hide, well after all your advice( good I may add) she's still there, I swapped hides which incidentally were exactly the same anyway, dropped the warm side temp from (28.5-29) to (28-28.5). Why does she stay there? The cool end fluctuates from around 20-22 and as low as 19 at night,she even digests in the cool hide! Should I try dropping the temp more? Or is she ok to spend all the time in cool end?

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:07:15  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She will know what she wants more than you do, so don't worry.

My snow corn is the same. I've had her 6 months now, and hardly EVER have I seen her in the warm. But she's perfectly healthy so I stopped worrying about it.

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mat or bulb heating?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

My snow corn is the same. I've had her 6 months now, and hardly EVER have I seen her in the warm. But she's perfectly healthy so I stopped worrying about it.

Hehe, must be a Snow thing then. Lister is exactly the same! All the others use the hot end for digesting, but he's always just sat in the cold end xD But, likewise, he poops fine, has never regurged or anything, so I don't care, he knows what he needs :)
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mat and stat heating
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:20:56  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Hehe, must be a Snow thing then. Lister is exactly the same! All the others use the hot end for digesting, but he's always just sat in the cold end xD But, likewise, he poops fine, has never regurged or anything, so I don't care, he knows what he needs :)

Same. She never refuses a meal, poops fine, sheds fine and looks and feels fine, so I don't give it a second thought now.

Except I begrudge the fact I'm paying to heat a mat that almost never gets used! lol

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  19:28:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My anerys spend all the time at the cool end, even after eating.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

NaeLou
Egg

69 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  23:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Misssi spends most her time in her cool side! As a newbie, I'm glad to hear its quite common!

0.1.0 Snow Corn - Misssi
1.0.0 Cat - Sox
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  13:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah paddy spends his time in the cool end. Got a mat and stat and warm end always at 30 so he must just like the cooler end. But like lots of others he feeds fine poos fine and is healthy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000