The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How to feed with more than 1 mouse

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PureLoneWolf Posted - 04/10/2011 : 08:14:36
Hi all

Due to a mistake in purchasing, I need to give Hongy 2 mice instead of his usual meal.

The question is how best to do it. Normally, he takes one and then goes into his warm hide to digest...as I need to give two, what's the best way to do it?

Do I put both mice in at the same time, or wait until he has finished the first, then put the second in a few minutes later?

Thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PureLoneWolf Posted - 06/10/2011 : 12:52:30
Thanks everyone - Actually..in this case, the 2 small were only a tiny bit bigger than the normal mediums that we give...still - I am going back to the proper size ones for the next feed, so it won't be an issue.

Cheers for all the help
lotabob Posted - 04/10/2011 : 13:09:27
2 small mice is far larger than 1 medium mouse.

You don't have to double feed just give 1 every 5 days rather than loading the snakes stomach. You could even just feed 1 on the normal schedule, it won't do any harm at all.
Mamma Posted - 04/10/2011 : 11:09:18
You can offer one, then give another once hes done. Or you can just feed one full stop. Going down a feed size for a couple of weeks isnt gonna to any harm.
PureLoneWolf Posted - 04/10/2011 : 09:26:12
In the viv, he has a perfect hide to feed on top of that his previous owner used to use...so we carried on with that.

So, it looks like I will offer one, wait until it is fully swallowed, and then give him another :)

Thanks everyone
jonoandapril Posted - 04/10/2011 : 09:21:43
when i give two feed items i wait until their finished with the first then just offer the second. do you feed in or out the viv?
PureLoneWolf Posted - 04/10/2011 : 08:26:26
Four...two more feeds basically...I wouldn't mind going to the pet shop to buy the correct ones and getting rid of the small, but I am not going to be able to do that as my local pet store is waiting on a delivery that got delayed. None of the others in the area seem to have the right size at the mo either :(
Simmy_82 Posted - 04/10/2011 : 08:23:46
I'm not sure if its similar to feeding two pinkies. I fed mine at the weekend two pinkies. I let the first get to its stomach before i offered the second.

Others with larger snakes may be able to answer this better.

How many small mice do you have?
PureLoneWolf Posted - 04/10/2011 : 08:21:49
He normally has one medium sized, and I managed to buy small....so he needs to have two small ones at the mo.

Cheers
Simmy_82 Posted - 04/10/2011 : 08:18:18
What size mice?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000