The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grudie Posted - 15/09/2011 : 21:06:41
how often do young snakes shed? Peaches last shed was 7th Aug so would i be expecting her to shed soon weve had her 7 weeks her shed being the first week we got her?

Had her out tonight for the first proper time in over a week,usually i have her out twice a day wed-sat and once the sunday but weve had a very sad week with my step mum passing away so she had been a little neglected on that front which i feel really guilty for,shes not in blue but did have a bit of a different feel to her tonight,a big rough maybe if thats the right was to describe it,just trying to get all the signs with her being a snow and it being a bit harder to tell.

thanks Lisa x
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
grudie Posted - 25/09/2011 : 09:20:56
Well its been 7 weeks since her last shed and she has finially shed last night I noticed last week how dull she was and wednesday when i had her out,she still feeds in shed so it was all about sitting around and waiting,she was out very active last night which she hasnt been for 2 weeks so i was hoping i would get to see it so put a light on,but she spied me and went back into hiding lol

It wasnt as perfect has her first shed which was in 2 clear bits but this time she had retained some mostly from the top of her tale,I got a damp flannel and helped her along with it,which was quite cool,took me a bit longer to get the tip bit off and i had to double check the shed i helped with to check the very tip was off,which it wasnt i think by the end of it she was like 'mum get off me' lol

So chuffed she has finally shed,she looks like she has a lot more white come through too..its so nice to see her out and about now
grudie Posted - 16/09/2011 : 09:13:11
eek il keep an eye out this week for signs of her going into shed,i thought i had read roughly every 4 weeks for a young snake so have been keeping a watch and she was dipping in her water bowl last week

thanks for the replys
shaunb Posted - 16/09/2011 : 02:01:26
my little hatchlings are shedding every 4 weeks
garrie Posted - 16/09/2011 : 01:49:41
All snakes are obviously a little different (growing speed etc), but i you can probably expect them to shed up to once a month(ish) for the first year or so...decreasing in frequency as they get older - 5ish weeks certainly doesn't sound unusual I hope it all goes well
grudie Posted - 15/09/2011 : 21:27:44
oh sounds like yours should be due a shed soon...last time peached shed it was a total surprise as i put her being a bit moody to her being in a new home/enviroment......once i seen the shed i remembered the little bit of blue i had seen in her eyes when i had her out,with her having red eyes and being white/pink its so hard to tell...until i get the hang of her doing it
sharon71 Posted - 15/09/2011 : 21:23:51
Ive had mine nearly a month now... no shed as yet,but last 2 days has prefered hot hide and has gone cloudy underneath..No cloudy eyes as yet... so fingers crossed

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000