New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2011 :  21:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how often do young snakes shed? Peaches last shed was 7th Aug so would i be expecting her to shed soon weve had her 7 weeks her shed being the first week we got her?

Had her out tonight for the first proper time in over a week,usually i have her out twice a day wed-sat and once the sunday but weve had a very sad week with my step mum passing away so she had been a little neglected on that front which i feel really guilty for,shes not in blue but did have a bit of a different feel to her tonight,a big rough maybe if thats the right was to describe it,just trying to get all the signs with her being a snow and it being a bit harder to tell.

thanks Lisa x

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
50 pond koi/gold fish garden frogs
1 snow corn peaches
Love is like peeing your pants,everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!

sharon71
Hatchling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2011 :  21:23:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive had mine nearly a month now... no shed as yet,but last 2 days has prefered hot hide and has gone cloudy underneath..No cloudy eyes as yet... so fingers crossed

0.0.1 Carolina (Nobby Knobbs)
0.1.0 cat(Pepsi)
0.0.2 goldfish
0.2.0 kids
1.0.0 husband
Go to Top of Page

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2011 :  21:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh sounds like yours should be due a shed soon...last time peached shed it was a total surprise as i put her being a bit moody to her being in a new home/enviroment......once i seen the shed i remembered the little bit of blue i had seen in her eyes when i had her out,with her having red eyes and being white/pink its so hard to tell...until i get the hang of her doing it

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
1 snow corn peaches
Love is like peeing your pants,everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth!
Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  01:49:41  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All snakes are obviously a little different (growing speed etc), but i you can probably expect them to shed up to once a month(ish) for the first year or so...decreasing in frequency as they get older - 5ish weeks certainly doesn't sound unusual I hope it all goes well

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  02:01:26  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my little hatchlings are shedding every 4 weeks

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2011 :  09:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eek il keep an eye out this week for signs of her going into shed,i thought i had read roughly every 4 weeks for a young snake so have been keeping a watch and she was dipping in her water bowl last week

thanks for the replys

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
1 snow corn peaches
Go to Top of Page

grudie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  09:20:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well its been 7 weeks since her last shed and she has finially shed last night I noticed last week how dull she was and wednesday when i had her out,she still feeds in shed so it was all about sitting around and waiting,she was out very active last night which she hasnt been for 2 weeks so i was hoping i would get to see it so put a light on,but she spied me and went back into hiding lol

It wasnt as perfect has her first shed which was in 2 clear bits but this time she had retained some mostly from the top of her tale,I got a damp flannel and helped her along with it,which was quite cool,took me a bit longer to get the tip bit off and i had to double check the shed i helped with to check the very tip was off,which it wasnt i think by the end of it she was like 'mum get off me' lol

So chuffed she has finally shed,she looks like she has a lot more white come through too..its so nice to see her out and about now

2 cats murphy and tawney
1 border collie beanie
1 snow corn peaches
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000