The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Baby Cornsnake help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
facio Posted - 23/06/2011 : 12:37:00
ok basically just bought baby hatchling for my fionce but he is very jumpy and stuff what is the best way to handle them at this sort of age he is only couple weeks old.?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cornsnakeluver127 Posted - 24/06/2011 : 18:11:45
My first hatchie was very jumpy but you should leave them alone for a week then 2 days after you have fed them and then handle them regularly soon after he/she should settle down. Good luck with ur new baby!!!
Spreebok Posted - 24/06/2011 : 14:19:24
Seconding GP's suggestion of keeping the body supported, my Psiren gets upset if her body isn't properly supported! :)
Rake Posted - 23/06/2011 : 21:29:52
congratulations on your new arrival, definitely both of the above, go at a slow pace with them, mine was a hatchling and settled quite quick its amazing how fast they adapt
gingerpony Posted - 23/06/2011 : 13:03:17
sit down, place a towel over your lap then let it roam around your hands, supporting it's weight but trying not to restrict it's movement or squeeze it (difficult i know!!!)
and keep handling session short 5-10 mins
LucyB Posted - 23/06/2011 : 12:39:54
Congratulations!

First of all I think the general opinion on here is that you need to give the snake a week of no handling at all to settle in - just change water every other day when he is settling.

Then after a week offer a feed, and if he eats this fine then after 48 hours you can start handling.

I've never had a hatchling corn though so someone else will be better able to advice on the rest!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000