The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 My shy corn??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Deano88 Posted - 20/06/2011 : 17:26:59
Hi, I have recently become a member of the corn snake club. I have a 6 month old normal morph corn (sammy). She is a very shy snake an when she eats, she strikes, let's go, strikes again an holds on, doesn't try to constrict the fuzzy atall. I bought a second corn a week ago (pearl) a lavender motley, she is very good when handled an when she eats she strikes fearcely and constricts with three turns very well. I'm wandering if there is something wrong with the first snake sammy? :(
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 21/06/2011 : 09:09:19
Heh,heh yeah,they are all different. At least she strikes,unlike my lazy Loki!!
Theres no need to slit the mice,they'll digest them just fine as they are.
Deano88 Posted - 21/06/2011 : 07:38:52
Thank u every1 for ur comments, nice to know there is nothing to worry about sammy, She always eats when I feed her. I also slit the mice as i hear it is better for the snake to digest. :)
smurflittle Posted - 21/06/2011 : 01:12:56
my snow has never struck or constricted,
ptmbradley Posted - 21/06/2011 : 00:11:51
2 of my 4 snakes have NEVER struck/constricted, and the other 2 do it just occasionally if they can be bothered. It's much more entertaining to see them do it 'properly', but at the end of the day as long as dinner gets in their belly the method to get it there doesn't much matter! lol
lucifer Posted - 20/06/2011 : 22:58:28
Just keep at it and one day you could be pleasantly surprised, out of our lot Lucien and Aura took the longest to start constricting but they are feisty eaters now.
But don't worry, as others have said above some corns just don't do it and its not a problem as long as they still like their food!
tordyjo Posted - 20/06/2011 : 18:33:09
I have one who has never constricted although does strike and another who strikes very gently but constricts almost everytime
tarotpodge Posted - 20/06/2011 : 17:39:44
^^ this. All snakes are different, with different personalities and ways, but also have been exposed to different experiances in their relitively short lives. So there are many variable that "could" form a snakes habbits and behaviours. One may have been handled alot, been fed differently(strike fed/mouse left in the viv), a bad experience. Thats what makes them so fun...they are all different in their own way.
gmac Posted - 20/06/2011 : 17:29:44
all snakes are different some will constrict when feeding some wont. I wouldnt worry about the dfferences.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000