The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 corn snakes in water

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackk94 Posted - 15/06/2011 : 12:22:39
is it normal for them to chill in the water, their whole body with the head under. won't they drown?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spindle Posted - 16/06/2011 : 14:04:31
Thanks Brooke star
Brookestar Posted - 16/06/2011 : 13:45:45
yes you can bath snakes, its often used to help snake poo, dont ask why but if you do bath them the chances are they will poo everywhere, as before give bath qucik rinse with warm water.
FEW RULES: -water must be around 29*
-dont fill batch too deep only so it covers half the body
-never leave unattended
Deadpowerful Posted - 16/06/2011 : 13:41:28
well if you were thinking of doing it to bath them i would make sure the bath was cleaned to make sure no chemicals that they don't like are in there( i have no idea if they cant be near shampoo by i assume not)but i wouldn't just leave them in there as they may want to get out but not able to etc.
Spindle Posted - 16/06/2011 : 13:06:13
Is ok to put your corn in the bath with shallow water?
Ailsa Posted - 16/06/2011 : 09:53:34
Never seen my Dakota in her water dish but i think she likes a bath as the kitchen roll round the water dish looks like its been wet then dried out
Sta~ple Posted - 16/06/2011 : 08:54:10
Yes it is normal to use water to cool down :) and they won't drown, I've seen one of mine hold his head in his bowl and go round, and round and round for a few minitues before popping back up. When my older snakes were younger, they always used to bathe in summer :p
Spreebok Posted - 15/06/2011 : 14:14:07
Lister does this when given a body of water larger than his bowl. He seems to enjoy it! And no, no parasites, I could tell a mile off if he did, one of the perks of having a snow haha!
tarotpodge Posted - 15/06/2011 : 13:47:06
My creamsicle used to do that alot when she was younger. Usually before a shed. Now she has got a tad older i rarely see her do it.
lotabob Posted - 15/06/2011 : 13:09:03
My Boa will dive straight under when in any water, only pops up to breathe. As above though, check the bowl for dead critters and the snake and enclosure for live ones as bathing themselves is a tell tale sign of mites (but not the only reason, it may be too hot, or too dry, or just fancied a dip.
gingerpony Posted - 15/06/2011 : 12:48:18
they can hold their breath for aaaages! so no, he won't drown
one reason for submerging themselves is to get relief from external parasites eg. mites, so have a good look at the snake and in the water bowl
Mamma Posted - 15/06/2011 : 12:24:09
Mines sometimes bathe in the water.. but I have never seen them with their heads under too. Hope someone with more knowledge can help you xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000