The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Fuzzies seem large...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chez Posted - 13/06/2011 : 17:04:09
Hey guys, today i decided to buy some fuzzies for my snakie moving up from 2 pinkies every 7 days to 1 fuzzie, but the ones that i was sold look massive compared to the pinkies she usually has, i was just wondering if you guys can tell me if they are actually Fuzzies because i think they look too big. Thanks
Fuzzy left, pinkie right :P
http://i56.tinypic.com/znsae1.jpg
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
monalisa70 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 13:31:39
Here is a fuzzy next to a weaning mouse that i plan to feed Astrid in a few weeks. (maybe a month)

gingerpony Posted - 14/06/2011 : 13:28:13
yep it's a mouse fuzzy, i'd just offer it and see what the snake makes of it
when they're eating something bigger for the first time it can look a bit awkward until they get the knack of how to eat it

OP - can you re-size the pic please, its MAHOOSIVE
HannahB Posted - 14/06/2011 : 12:43:32
remember if you are doubling your pinkies for a few feeds before going onto fuzzies there will not be that much of a size difference - as you said the current pinkies are 2gs each and the fuzzie is 5-6gs, after a double pinkies snaky won't really notice the difference - just instead of two smaller meals it will be one bigger meal
Sta~ple Posted - 14/06/2011 : 12:33:43
To me it looks like a fuzzie. Because of how pet shops and suppliers label their food, it can differ. Because the size in-between small and fuzzies can differ a lot, some suppliers have what's called "hoppers" and to me, that's what size it looks like to me, other don't have that inbetween size and it is just a fuzzie.

Hope that makes sense!
Chez Posted - 13/06/2011 : 19:37:30
yeah, thanks :) im going to use up my supply of pinkies before i try to give judge up whether she is ready for a megamouse :)
lotabob Posted - 13/06/2011 : 19:13:51
Scrap that, its got a right head on it but the tail isn't long or thick enough to be a rat. Think you must have day old pinkies so they are particularly small and then a 'big' fuzzy. If the snake is big enough then it should be fine to jump up even that big a jump, as long as the mouse (or megamouse) is no more than 1.5 times the thickness of your snake.
Chez Posted - 13/06/2011 : 18:41:11
Also i just weighed them both, i bought 4 "fuzzies" and they weigh 5-6 grams, and my pinkies weigh 2 grams, so i dont know, they just seem huge in comparison :P
Chez Posted - 13/06/2011 : 18:37:13
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

That is a rat.

What makes you think its a rat?
lotabob Posted - 13/06/2011 : 18:30:07
That is a rat.
monalisa70 Posted - 13/06/2011 : 18:10:40
[quote]Originally posted by SexyBear77

Definitely looks like a fuzzie to me.

I agree looks like what im feeding Astrid.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/06/2011 : 18:00:44
Definitely looks like a fuzzie to me.

They do come in different sizes mind, maybe you just got a big one. The ones in my freezer can have a fair bit of variation, from just bigger than pinkie size, up to twice as big as pinkie size.
Spreebok Posted - 13/06/2011 : 17:55:32
quote:
I think you have probably got some small mice.

Nah, no chance those are small mice.

Do you reckon he might have given you a rat fluff? Or a hopper or something? Fluffs are not that big! (Fluffs and Fuzzies are the same thing)
Deadpowerful Posted - 13/06/2011 : 17:30:59
Hmm, I have seen some pictures and that really does look pretty big, I think you have probably got some small mice.
Chez Posted - 13/06/2011 : 17:18:41
yeah thats what i was thinking, the guy got them out and i just said, wow they're big, you sure theyre fuzzies, he was adamant they were so i got them, but i have no idea :S
Kittypuss85 Posted - 13/06/2011 : 17:13:04
That seems huge, the fuzzy I was given to progress from pinkies was only a fraction bigger but with fur. That's looks way bigger. I'm only a newbie at this but I don't think that looks right!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000