The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Corn ageing shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Longshanks Posted - 12/06/2011 : 00:06:23
Hi
Quick couple of questions if anybody knows I'd be grateful. Shere Khan my corn snake is going into shed, he last shed just over 4 weeks ago and is sitting directly
On the heat mat under the substrate, I have it temp controlled to click off in the low 80's can any harm come from this ?
Also is there a sure fire way of ageing a snake ? I was told he was about a year when I got him, any physical way of telling ? Or can the gaps between shed be a way ?

Thanks for reading
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Longshanks Posted - 14/06/2011 : 21:24:42
Cheers Stuart I was told when I hit him he was just over a year old, but at 52 inches I'm not so sure
stuart619 Posted - 14/06/2011 : 13:28:36
Both my corns and my royal like to sit on the mat directly. As stated if it is properly statted then there are no problems with it. I wonder how many people who have purchased a snake rather than hatched them know the true age of the snake.

In my experience most stores tell you the year of hatch and not the actual date. I know it doesnt matter but I do like to know the birth/hatch days and they normally get a new hide or branch
Longshanks Posted - 12/06/2011 : 10:26:27
Great, thanks for answering Lotabob
lotabob Posted - 12/06/2011 : 00:33:59
No real way to age a snake by appearance I'm afraid. My corn sits directly on his mat, as long as its statted and the probes are securely fixed to the mat then no harm can come of it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000