New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Longshanks
Egg

50 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  00:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Quick couple of questions if anybody knows I'd be grateful. Shere Khan my corn snake is going into shed, he last shed just over 4 weeks ago and is sitting directly
On the heat mat under the substrate, I have it temp controlled to click off in the low 80's can any harm come from this ?
Also is there a sure fire way of ageing a snake ? I was told he was about a year when I got him, any physical way of telling ? Or can the gaps between shed be a way ?

Thanks for reading

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  00:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No real way to age a snake by appearance I'm afraid. My corn sits directly on his mat, as long as its statted and the probes are securely fixed to the mat then no harm can come of it.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Longshanks
Egg

50 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  10:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great, thanks for answering Lotabob
Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  13:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both my corns and my royal like to sit on the mat directly. As stated if it is properly statted then there are no problems with it. I wonder how many people who have purchased a snake rather than hatched them know the true age of the snake.

In my experience most stores tell you the year of hatch and not the actual date. I know it doesnt matter but I do like to know the birth/hatch days and they normally get a new hide or branch

Go to Top of Page

Longshanks
Egg

50 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2011 :  21:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Stuart I was told when I hit him he was just over a year old, but at 52 inches I'm not so sure
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000