The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 snake size?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 11/06/2011 : 16:39:57
How/when do corns grow, do they only grow to allow for their surroundings? and do they really grow the more u feed them, i heard this but didnt know if it was true??
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 11/06/2011 : 18:00:50
Most corns will eat whatever you put in front of them. They are opportunistic feeders, its their instinct to eat when they can because in the wild they aren't sure when the next meal is coming, its down to us to regulate their food intake.

What do you mean food break?
n/a Posted - 11/06/2011 : 17:48:36
Cheers guys, I have 2 corns one of which would eat everyday if he could hes currently on a food break to work it off lol
tordyjo Posted - 11/06/2011 : 16:47:20
i got harry in february at 6 months old not much bigger than a hatchling, 4 months later he's outgrown his 2nd faun and i'm getting ready to move him into a 2ft viv. I've slowly increased his prey and he's currently on 2 fuzzies and again am getting ready to move him up to small mice as i can't see the fuzzies in his body anymore when they're in his stomach
Mamma Posted - 11/06/2011 : 16:45:08
They grow with each shed.

If you power feed them they will grow bigger more quickly but it can lead to a lower lifespan, obesity and other health problems. There are snake keepers out there who power feed them to build them up quickly to breed. I personaly wouldnt power feed my corns and im sure there are others out there who have the same opinion as me.
lotabob Posted - 11/06/2011 : 16:43:18
They grow regardless of where you keep them, which is why you have to be prepared to repeatedly upgrade the size of enclosure you keep them in.

They do grow quicker the more you feed them but you have to find the healthy and safe balance, of not too much and not too little when it comes to feeding as you wouldn't want a fat or thin snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000