snake size?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How/when do corns grow, do they only grow to allow for their surroundings? and do they really grow the more u feed them, i heard this but didnt know if it was true??

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They grow regardless of where you keep them, which is why you have to be prepared to repeatedly upgrade the size of enclosure you keep them in.

They do grow quicker the more you feed them but you have to find the healthy and safe balance, of not too much and not too little when it comes to feeding as you wouldn't want a fat or thin snake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:45:08  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They grow with each shed.

If you power feed them they will grow bigger more quickly but it can lead to a lower lifespan, obesity and other health problems. There are snake keepers out there who power feed them to build them up quickly to breed. I personaly wouldnt power feed my corns and im sure there are others out there who have the same opinion as me.

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  16:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got harry in february at 6 months old not much bigger than a hatchling, 4 months later he's outgrown his 2nd faun and i'm getting ready to move him into a 2ft viv. I've slowly increased his prey and he's currently on 2 fuzzies and again am getting ready to move him up to small mice as i can't see the fuzzies in his body anymore when they're in his stomach

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  17:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers guys, I have 2 corns one of which would eat everyday if he could hes currently on a food break to work it off lol
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  18:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most corns will eat whatever you put in front of them. They are opportunistic feeders, its their instinct to eat when they can because in the wild they aren't sure when the next meal is coming, its down to us to regulate their food intake.

What do you mean food break?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000