The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrsgibson Posted - 06/06/2011 : 23:03:24
is there any way of telling when your snake is ready for a feed as my new snake (morph is his name)is irregular dont want to waist pinkies ofering him food when not ready
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mrsgibson Posted - 07/06/2011 : 12:17:16
thanx he had his pinkie today so he seems to go 9 days betwen feeds think im just paniking because im new to this lol thanx again
herriotfan Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:24:43
As well as all the things mentioned the whole feeding process can be different for individual snakes. Some like to be fed in their 'home' (faun/viv) while other people feed them in a seperate rub. Some like to be covered so nobody can watch them feed. Some prefer to eat at night etc, etc. You could ask the person who you got him from how he was fed. If you choose to feed in his home make sure you put some paper, kitchen roll or similar, on top of his substrate so he won't eat that as well as his pinkie! Good luck.
mrsgibson Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:22:07
thanks again for advice!
kdlang Posted - 07/06/2011 : 09:54:28
He may still be settling in so I wouldn't worry too much just yet. As lotabob says, double check your set up, in particular your warm end temps. If they are all ok I would just offer a pinkie every 5-7 days. If you offer too often it could just stress him out and put him off feeding even more.
mrsgibson Posted - 06/06/2011 : 23:33:18
thanx much i will get back to you and let you know how he getts on
lotabob Posted - 06/06/2011 : 23:30:15
Skipping a meal will do no harm, he is only new so maybe still settling in. Just check over your setup, temps in particular.
mrsgibson Posted - 06/06/2011 : 23:25:54
he is 7 months and about one and a half feet iv only had him 2 weeks i got him on a tuesday was told too feed him on the friday, i tryed and he just ignored the food but got really active on the sunday so i tryed again and he took the pinkie, so i tryed again this sunday and he refused again he goes over too the pinkie and crawls over it but never ate it but the pet shop owner said he was eating every friday and was a good feeder, is 2 weeks maybe still a settling in stage? how long should we leave him without a feed, should we try every day untill he take something or leave him a week with nothing?
eeji Posted - 06/06/2011 : 23:17:53
thats a difficult one because cornsnakes are always ready for a feed.

how old/big is he and how irregular?
Nicole.x Posted - 06/06/2011 : 23:13:56
I feed my 5 month hatching every Sunday, but Saturdays and Sundays she becomes very unsociable - She'll hide and draw her head back every time I even open her rub. And as soon as she has been feed she happy to let me near her and explores the rub a lot...
Can't be sure but I link this to her being hungry ?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000