feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrsgibson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  23:03:24  Show Profile  Click to see mrsgibson's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
is there any way of telling when your snake is ready for a feed as my new snake (morph is his name)is irregular dont want to waist pinkies ofering him food when not ready

Nicole.x
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  23:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feed my 5 month hatching every Sunday, but Saturdays and Sundays she becomes very unsociable - She'll hide and draw her head back every time I even open her rub. And as soon as she has been feed she happy to let me near her and explores the rub a lot...
Can't be sure but I link this to her being hungry ?
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  23:17:53  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats a difficult one because cornsnakes are always ready for a feed.

how old/big is he and how irregular?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mrsgibson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  23:25:54  Show Profile  Click to see mrsgibson's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he is 7 months and about one and a half feet iv only had him 2 weeks i got him on a tuesday was told too feed him on the friday, i tryed and he just ignored the food but got really active on the sunday so i tryed again and he took the pinkie, so i tryed again this sunday and he refused again he goes over too the pinkie and crawls over it but never ate it but the pet shop owner said he was eating every friday and was a good feeder, is 2 weeks maybe still a settling in stage? how long should we leave him without a feed, should we try every day untill he take something or leave him a week with nothing?
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  23:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skipping a meal will do no harm, he is only new so maybe still settling in. Just check over your setup, temps in particular.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

mrsgibson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  23:33:18  Show Profile  Click to see mrsgibson's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanx much i will get back to you and let you know how he getts on
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  09:54:28  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He may still be settling in so I wouldn't worry too much just yet. As lotabob says, double check your set up, in particular your warm end temps. If they are all ok I would just offer a pinkie every 5-7 days. If you offer too often it could just stress him out and put him off feeding even more.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

mrsgibson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  10:22:07  Show Profile  Click to see mrsgibson's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks again for advice!
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  10:24:43  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As well as all the things mentioned the whole feeding process can be different for individual snakes. Some like to be fed in their 'home' (faun/viv) while other people feed them in a seperate rub. Some like to be covered so nobody can watch them feed. Some prefer to eat at night etc, etc. You could ask the person who you got him from how he was fed. If you choose to feed in his home make sure you put some paper, kitchen roll or similar, on top of his substrate so he won't eat that as well as his pinkie! Good luck.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

mrsgibson
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  12:17:16  Show Profile  Click to see mrsgibson's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanx he had his pinkie today so he seems to go 9 days betwen feeds think im just paniking because im new to this lol thanx again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000