The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 my snake moves about twice a day.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jackk94 Posted - 06/06/2011 : 22:02:27
got her on saturday but she doesn't seem to move much. is this normal, i'm scared she's died or something!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jackk94 Posted - 08/06/2011 : 19:31:10
mine is still in a small RUB with aspen in (i know i should use tissue but the pet shop lady said she likes burying under the aspen) she's been in the same position all day underneath the aspen as i can see her on the bottom of the RUB. hopefully she'll come out later
rubberbiscuit Posted - 08/06/2011 : 19:02:32
They all have different personalities. Kiora is more elusive then the Loch Ness monster!! He spends most of time time hiding at the cool end (despite me fiddling with temps) and Ive seen him out and about 3 times since I got him, nearly 2 mths ago.
My latest experiment to encourage him out is to fill up his Faunarium!! He now has a snake cave, 2 coconut hides, a log, a kitchen roll tube and a large exo terra plant!!Im hoping he will feel abit safer and come out more often.
Laws Posted - 07/06/2011 : 23:51:58
i think my corns forget they are nocturnal , kai was sleeping earlier the house was dark and as soon as the light was on he came out . hes the one that will lie at the front of the faun loads , whereas kodi will be out whenever its feeding time when shes out all day and nite waiting to be fed , then after she just hides . to be honest i think ur little un is probably just settling in and no doubt whizzing around when ur asleep . im sure u will see abit more of snakey in a few weeks . they are all different and some more shy x
ogri Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:37:40
I have had mine out home for 7 days now and she was in her warm hide for 2 days then into her cooler hide for a day and now she is getting braver and moves about when no one is looking and she is starting to sit on her hides and sit in the canopy of all the greenery in there.
herriotfan Posted - 07/06/2011 : 10:30:53
I second all that's been said plus it's very early days with you so give your snake more time to settle.
Invalid User Posted - 07/06/2011 : 07:08:24
Corns are not the most active snakes anyway so don't expect to see them much.

As already said, dawn and dusk are their normal active times and most will hide away during the day.
DJRenegade Posted - 07/06/2011 : 01:28:31
same - except he doesnt move from the warm end, however he seems ok if i handle him and he took a feed just 3 days after arriving soo :)
Carson1915 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 01:20:07
I recently broke my leg so can't sleep well, and have been up till 4am the past few weeks I've noticed much more activity from her at night so it's nothing to worry about, your more than likely asleep.
Mamma Posted - 06/06/2011 : 22:39:39
Griffin comes out alot during the day but Romeo, dawn and dusk xx
Jackk94 Posted - 06/06/2011 : 22:20:47
i'm just going to leave her be until her feed on thursday, it'll be the first one i've given to her and i guess the judging that she's okay with her new home. fingers crossed!
Spreebok Posted - 06/06/2011 : 22:06:33
They're active at dawn and dusk, so chances are she's tootling about just before you wake up, and just after you go to bed! :) They dont come out much during the day.
Ailsa Posted - 06/06/2011 : 22:05:57
Your corn snake needs time to settle into her new surroundings - sounds (they feel the vibrations), smells, movement etc etc etc, so yes this is normal AND corns snakes and only come out when the coast is clear, is what they do.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000