my snake moves about twice a day.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:02:27  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
got her on saturday but she doesn't seem to move much. is this normal, i'm scared she's died or something!

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:05:57  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your corn snake needs time to settle into her new surroundings - sounds (they feel the vibrations), smells, movement etc etc etc, so yes this is normal AND corns snakes and only come out when the coast is clear, is what they do.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're active at dawn and dusk, so chances are she's tootling about just before you wake up, and just after you go to bed! :) They dont come out much during the day.
Go to Top of Page

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:20:47  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm just going to leave her be until her feed on thursday, it'll be the first one i've given to her and i guess the judging that she's okay with her new home. fingers crossed!
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2011 :  22:39:39  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Griffin comes out alot during the day but Romeo, dawn and dusk xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carson1915
Egg

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  01:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently broke my leg so can't sleep well, and have been up till 4am the past few weeks I've noticed much more activity from her at night so it's nothing to worry about, your more than likely asleep.

Admin - Signiture image too large - please resize

1 Wild type Corn - F - Carson
1 bearmese Mountain Dog - Boston

Wishlist:

Royal Python
Hognose
Iguana
Go to Top of Page

DJRenegade
Egg

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  01:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same - except he doesnt move from the warm end, however he seems ok if i handle him and he took a feed just 3 days after arriving soo :)

1.0.0 Corn
0.1.0 Boa
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  07:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corns are not the most active snakes anyway so don't expect to see them much.

As already said, dawn and dusk are their normal active times and most will hide away during the day.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  10:30:53  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I second all that's been said plus it's very early days with you so give your snake more time to settle.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

ogri
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  10:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had mine out home for 7 days now and she was in her warm hide for 2 days then into her cooler hide for a day and now she is getting braver and moves about when no one is looking and she is starting to sit on her hides and sit in the canopy of all the greenery in there.

0.1.0. Snow - Binky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  23:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think my corns forget they are nocturnal , kai was sleeping earlier the house was dark and as soon as the light was on he came out . hes the one that will lie at the front of the faun loads , whereas kodi will be out whenever its feeding time when shes out all day and nite waiting to be fed , then after she just hides . to be honest i think ur little un is probably just settling in and no doubt whizzing around when ur asleep . im sure u will see abit more of snakey in a few weeks . they are all different and some more shy x

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

rubberbiscuit
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  19:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They all have different personalities. Kiora is more elusive then the Loch Ness monster!! He spends most of time time hiding at the cool end (despite me fiddling with temps) and Ive seen him out and about 3 times since I got him, nearly 2 mths ago.
My latest experiment to encourage him out is to fill up his Faunarium!! He now has a snake cave, 2 coconut hides, a log, a kitchen roll tube and a large exo terra plant!!Im hoping he will feel abit safer and come out more often.
Go to Top of Page

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  19:31:10  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mine is still in a small RUB with aspen in (i know i should use tissue but the pet shop lady said she likes burying under the aspen) she's been in the same position all day underneath the aspen as i can see her on the bottom of the RUB. hopefully she'll come out later
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000